Presales Solutions Engineer - Cloud
Ottawa, ON, Canada Redmond, WA, USA Toronto, ON, Canada Virtual Req #46
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Reporting to: Senior Director Presales
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
The Presales Solutions Engineer – Cloud will work alongside our sales team, with current and prospective clients across the globe. Your work will span our cloud partners and across the entire cloud ecosystem. You will serve customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of cloud solutions, building effective demonstrations, participating in Proof of Value exercises and contributing to opportunities with your technical prowess.
You will be a trusted advisor asking specific business and technical questions to uncover a client’s requirements and align Pivotree’s product offerings and services to their needs. The ideal candidate will have superior communication skills, enjoy consultative selling, and have experience architecting and solutioning complex cloud solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with sales to plan, prepare and execute strategically to encourage prospective enterprise clients to invest in our innovative cloud solutions and services
- Understand client requirements to best support them and provide optimally customized solutions
- Contribute to team efficiency and Cloud practice opportunity traction by covering aspects of technical requirements that the Cloud sales specialist may not cover
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) during the sales process, connect the application, technology, design and the final solution to meet client’s business needs
- Translate business and technical requirements into written proposals, quote/configurations, diagrams, and master service agreements
- Oversee, create and deliver powerful technical presentations and demonstrations that clearly explain our solution
- Participate in Proof of Value (PoV) exercises
- Evangelize the uniqueness of our value proposition
- Manage technical aspects of SOW contracts and RFP / RFI responses
- Aid the smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sales implementation
- Work with Account Executives to cross-sell cloud solutions into our existing customer base
- Document standards and update Pivotree’s knowledge base with collateral to help accelerate customers through the sales cycle
- Collaborate across departments and functions, including sales, professional services, managed services, product management, PMO and Presales
- Understand the voice of the customer and share customer feedback and industry trends with our product team and partners
- Build and manage relationships with key contacts at AWS and Azure
- Work with partners to understand and demo their solutions
- Become a thought leader in cloud solutions and communicate the differentiation of products and services that will give our customers a competitive advantage
- Build and articulate industry best practices for highly-available, resilient solution architecture designs
- Effectively execute and promote Pivotree’s cloud strategy including assessments and migration frameworks, IT/cloud transformation, and technical onboarding activities
- Foster a culture of connecting cloud to the business through a pre-sales lens
Key Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ year experience with enterprise software and services presales, comfortable selling into global-1000 organizations, managing multiple projects and deadlines across time zones and teams
- Must be able to articulate the value of public cloud for across different dimensions including flexibility, speed to market, cost control, dev ops, etc...
- Deep experience in one or more of the following products, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Knowledge of delivering frictionless commerce for organizations and how cloud computing fits into areas like e-commerce, master data management and governance, order management and fulfillment, customer relationship management and security
- Performance-driven: Has a bias for action and results — an energetic, highly motivated person who relishes challenges and tirelessly pursues objectives. Proven track record in previous positions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field)
- Ability to meet travel requirements (~20%), when applicable
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.
Job Type: Full-time