As an Information Assurance Analyst on our team, you’ll use your experience to work with VA to discover and mitigate research cybersecurity risks, understand and apply policies to address requests for information on cyber best practices, conduct cybersecurity risk assessments of research environments and support the maintenance of research operational security posture both in the physical environment and information systems. You will manage customer relationships to collaborate on assessing risk arising from research-specific specialized devices, conduct security assessments for non-enterprise network connections and ensure secure transmission of data. You will work with your client to translate security concepts into actionable implementable solution recommendations to help the client make informed security decisions. Join us as we protect our nation’s cyber infrastructure. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- Experience with NIST special publications, including RMF and NIST security controls
- Experience with information security and assurance principles
- Experience with research cybersecurity compliance for lab and research environments
- Experience with system documentation and reporting in Governance risk compliance (GRC) tools, including eMASS or RiskVision
- Ability to perform risk analysis and vulnerability assessments and annual security reviews in accordance with FISMA reporting
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 15+ years of experience in information technology, BA or BS degree and 10+ years of experience in information technology, or MS degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 5+ years of experience in information technology
Nice If You Have:
- Experience working directly with senior clients to provide solutions
- Experience with the VA
- Experience with specialized device security
- Ability to work flexibly in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to validate and upload RMF documentation into the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) portal
- Possession of excellent customer service and organization skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CAP, CISSP, CISM, PMP, or CCSK certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.