Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
The Direct Sales Account Executive is a unique and exciting role will be responsible for generating sales in an assigned territory for SMB and Residential. This includes sales campaigns through door-to-door efforts, networking, local partnerships,and community-based events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
- Drive creative sales strategies that will increase awareness and penetration in both small and mid-sized businesses and the residential community
- Host various events within an assigned territory, in an effort to get customers to sign-up for Ziply Fiber services
- Active involvement in Chambers of Commerce and other local organizations
- Participate in e-learning, classroom sales training, and associated curriculum in tandem with Sales Trainer
- Meet and exceed monthly sales performance expectations
- Collaborate with Marketing team on offer strategy & communication, collateral material creation & distribution
- Perform financial responsibilities to include; operational expense tracking, processing mileage reimbursements, logging event expenses, and others
- Monitor industry developments (technical, regulatory, and otherwise) and apply critical thinking for strategic and customer impact analysis
- 6+ months of sales and/or customer service experience – OR – current or prior military service
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive, persistent, and have the ability to handle rejection in the selling process well
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service in a calm, professional manner
- Must be able to pass local community background checks and permitting processes
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and satisfactory driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and be a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer information
- Ability to deal with public in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations
- Ability to drive on behalf of the company in a safe and responsible manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This role involves driving within a specific region or territory and requires the ability to safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status. Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening. Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time