VIAVI Solutions has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers. VIAVI is publicly listed on the NASDAQ Exchange under the symbol VIAV.
The Optical Security and Performance Products (OSP) business segment of VIAVI leverages its core technology strengths of optics, vacuum coatings, and materials science to deliver innovative and differentiated solutions that manipulate light or create color effects. With over seven decades of experience in optical coating technology, VIAVI OSP is a customer focused, market driven enterprise serving attractive and sustainable market sectors including banknote security, consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, and defense/aerospace. VIAVI OSP’s customers include global leaders such as Lockheed Martin, Seiko Epson, SICPA and STMicroelectronics.
The Precision Optics Product Line Manager (PLM) will serve as the lead product manager for VIAVI’s thin film coatings products building on VIAVI’s success in 3D sensing as well as the business’ strong reputation with automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers. This role is focused on technical product management and the ideal candidate will be skilled in translating technology features into business value. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in and quickly prove their leadership capabilities and become an important contributor in the strategic growth of this organization. The position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management, Consumer Electronics and Industrial.
- Create a multi-year product plan with strategic focus on delivering product line growth and profitability
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analyses for entry into new, emerging, strategic and/or high growth markets
- Work with product management and sales leadership to support growth objectives in consumer electronics, automotive, medical and other high potential markets by understanding market trends, customer needs and competition as well as internal capabilities
- Develop system knowledge and consolidate customers’ requirements in order to further VIAVI OSP product offerings
- Design, develop, and own the automotive sensing product roadmap
- Collaborate with R&D to develop specify new platforms and new products
- Drive current products while analyzing pricing, forecasting, strategy and competitors to achieve maximum profitability and customer satisfaction
- Partner with internal teams, including Engineering, R&D, Quality, Sales, Manufacturing and Finance
- Support the development and execution of VIAVI OSP’s inorganic growth strategy
- Effectively manage organizational change to meet business objectives
- Engage key influencers, including standards and industry organizations, to drive growth
- Develops a regulatory map identifying key opportunities and challenges for our products
Travel 20-40% for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (advanced degree preferred) with 7+ years of overall experience
- 3+ years of global strategic business development, product management and/or program management experience in the thin film coatings industry
- Must have strong communication, analytical and financial skills and experience with pricing, product, market and competitor analysis
- Adept aligning cross-functional teams to execute on growth commitments
- Excellent written as well as presentation skills
- Proven experience in executing strategy, driving change, and taking measured risk
- U.S Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
- Ideally based in Santa Rosa, California; will consider candidates based in Chandler, Arizona and Rochester, New York as well