A subsidiary of Kinepolis Group NV, Belgium, Landmark is Canada’s second largest motion picture, theatre exhibition company. From a single screen in 1965, today Landmark Cinemas welcomes Movie Lovers to share their love of movies and enjoy a perfect movie-going experience in 46 cinemas and 334 screens throughout Western Canada, Ontario and the Yukon Territory. We are connected to the communities we serve, and our Cast and Crew are proud to support Kids Help Phone. As a National Sponsor of the Walk So Kids Can Talk, through promotional support and fundraising initiatives in our theatres, we are committed to support the mental health and well-being of both our youth Guests and Cast & Crew. Landmark’s corporate headquarters is in Calgary, Alberta.
If you require assistance or an alternative accessible format, due to a disability, in accessing or completing any aspect of the application process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
WHO WE ARE:
At Landmark Cinemas, we are the Cast & Crew of Canada’s second largest motion picture, theatre exhibition company, and WE love movies as much as YOU love movies…. But it’s more than just a movie. That’s why our Cast & Crew are valuable and why we are always focused on creating an exceptional movie experience for our Guests; why the quality of our popcorn matters and why a perfect presentation is understood. Every detail is important to us, which is why we think like owners and remain steadfast in accomplishing our goals. It’s why we opened our first theatre in 1965, and why we’ll continue making the movie experience the best that it can be.
People are at the core of our business - we are for ALL Movie Lovers and this means we embrace a culture of inclusion and mutual respect by valuing the uniqueness of all Cast & Crew, Guests, and business partners. We value respectful behavior above individual achievements, and we are committed to having our workforce reflect the communities we serve.
We are proud to support Kids Help Phone. As a National Sponsor of Walk So Kids Can Talk, Landmark Cinemas is committed to supporting the mental health and well-being of young Movie Lovers, including our Cast & Crew.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a proven leader in the Guest Service or Retail industry and know what it takes to be a budget owner in the area of food service sales (including alcohol and merchandise), cost of goods, waste, shrink, stock management, and food service labour. You have experience regarding the service of alcohol and are comfortable training others and ensuring the adherence to the regulations of alcohol service. Working with the broader management team will come natural to you and you will demonstrate your entrepreneurship in order to increase theatre sales and improve the overall guest experience. With your strong communication and collaboration skills, you can direct a team and guide the focus in order to demonstrate results and achieve goals... and YOU love movies!
- Collaborate with the Management team to effectively manage operations of the theatre (Including: labour cost, cost of sales, revenue control, speed of service, Guest satisfaction, equipment and procedure training, safety of Guests and Cast, and film & product quality)
- With a focus on food service, the In-Theatre Sales Manager is responsible to manage day-to-day operations of the department with respect to; revenue generation, effective scheduling & labour management, equipment maintenance & repair costs, speed of service, Guest satisfaction, superior quality & preparation standards, food safety, cash management, and food service accounting
- Execute all food service programs at theatre-level including; training and coaching of frontline cast, as well as, providing management peer guidance and direction with respect to execution
- Accountable for our Alcohol Beverage program execution at theatre-level including; ensuring adherence to all regulations related to alcohol service, Smart Serve Training execution at theatre-level, alcohol inventory management, and alcohol service that ensures Guest satisfaction while adhering to all Landmark Cinemas policies in this area
- Visual merchandising of our self-serve Marketplace concept that features an expanded assortment of food, drink, and merchandise with a focus on revenue generation
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with Management teams, including the General Manager and Operational Leaders, by attending all scheduled meetings and by use of the communication tools provided
- Communication and collaboration with the Regional In-Theatre Sales Team on a regular basis
- Greet and engage with Movie Lovers and make them feel special - helping to create exceptional experiences and follow-up with any In-Theatre Sales related to Guest Service Recovery
- Be available and visible to Cast and Guests; observe and assist with any potential issues
- Provide consistent performance feedback to all levels of Cast and address performance issues in a timely manager using effective performance management tools
- Work safely and ensure all levels of Cast are made aware of and follow work safe practices
- Ownership and accountability of budgets, targets, and results
- Comprehensive and competitive compensation & benefits package
- Annual bonus system eligibility for full-time management
- Growth opportunities within the theatre and cinema support centres
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program to support wellness
- Competitive vacation allotment to promote work-life balance
- Free movies and discounted concession snacks
Minimum 3 years related experience (Movie Theatre, QSR or convenience store, retail environment, etc.) in a leadership role
- Completion of a post-secondary school program with a focus on business acumen, hospitality, entertainment, and food service management is considered to be an asset
- Understanding/knowledge of food production, food safety, merchandising, food service sales, revenue, and inventory control procedures
- Prior experience with projection or audio-visual equipment is considered to be an asset
- Proven track record in a leadership role within a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with food production, revenue control procedures, and related systems is considered to be an asset
- An ability to set actionable goals, takes initiative to deliver, and shows persistence in problem-solving while keeping others focused on results
- Commitment to excellence in Guest service with proven ability to maintain a significant attention-to-detail
- Experience with visual merchandising with a strong attention-to-detail
- Alcohol Service Certification would be considered to be an asset
- Alcohol Service experience in a Licensed environment, preferably in a leadership role
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite