When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Network Systems Organization within IT is responsible for automation, systems Integration and cost transformation initiatives across Verizon wireline & wireless network teams. As a development Lead you will be responsible for the delivery of Network Systems strategic initiatives for Wireless Network Assurance teams. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to determine process flows and work with the vendors and internal architects to deliver the solutions.
In this role, you will manage and prioritize software issues as well as integration issues that come up with the implementation. You will be responsible to ensure that the deliverables from the internal teams or from vendors meets the organization standards, has the key mobile first and intelligence built in. You will identify improvement areas internally as well as with the vendor integration processes to provide constant improvements to delivery of solution. You will review and approve internal deliverables for integration from the internal architecture team. You will be responsible to approve digital assets for both business acceptance and for final release to production. As a SME lead, you will be Responsible for the solution design, architecture, installation, operation and maintenance of wireless network systems, ensuring network data integrity and quality. These networks include Cisco, Juniper, and Nokia routers, VCP (Verizon Cloud Platform), CDMA, 3G, 4G, 5G, and OpenStack. In this role, you will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices by providing deep technical guidance. You will be responsible for driving and accelerating learning by using immersive learning tools to improve operational efficiencies.
- Specialize in developing highly scalable, reliable, secure and high performance solutions that enable development teams to move faster.
- Specialize in the reusable GUI and mobility components to provide intuitive and friendly User experience.
- Specialize in DB design with deep understanding of Normalization forms and Migration activities including ETL tools.
- Specialize in the UNIX shell scripting with intent to do automation of backend processes, data loading, maintenance, performance monitoring, alerting mechanisms.
- Reduce security threats with dependable & reliable security tools & software applications.
- Develop systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Drive strategy, patterns, (and working code) for how we apply Cloud native development & test automation practices across Verizon.
- Drive innovation by assessing, piloting, building services to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
- Be a subject matter expert in the Automation space and has a strong understanding of the roadmap, trends and industry practices.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Designing, evaluating and documenting clustering, load testing and performance testing solutions for applications.
- Working with digital operations to gather requirements and design, develop and implement projects.
- Monitoring key metrics and system heath and quickly identifying and resolving problems.
- Defining requirements, design and set-up of new environments to demonstrate proof of concept.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading software developers, systems or process analysts.
- Knowledge of LTE, RAN, Transport networks and overall 3GPP architecture.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree.
- Five or more years of experience in Information Technology as enterprise/solutions architect, or systems analyst role in Telecommunication.
- Experience with Java/ J2EE, Oracle Coherence, WebLogic, Oracle, iPlanet, Rational Rose, XML, Solaris and PL/SQL.
- Dynamic leader of technical development and support team.
- Experience in systems design and project management.
- Knowledge of network management systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.