Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, the Select Underwriting Center Account Executive (AE) is responsible for underwriting, profitability, growth and retention of new and renewal business that is consistent with underwriting strategies for agencies within an assigned territory. The AE is accountable for selling and marketing all Select products as well as managing a high volume environment. In the AE role, may act as a technical referral resource for less experienced AEs on more complex renewals, endorsements, and issues. The AE operates within authority levels as delegated by Underwriting Center Underwriting Director. This job does not lead others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow Select Best Practices, including Underwriting, Workflow and Playbook.
- Ensure underwriting quality and profitability through application of the appropriate level of underwriting analysis based on risk complexity to accept, decline, modify, rate and quote these accounts.
- Responsible for insuring compliance with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and take corrective action and/or collaborate with the appropriate area within the organization based on individual risk characteristics identified through agency reviews, Large Loss Analysis, risk control, etc.
- Prequalify accounts to identify customer needs and take appropriate action.
- Function as point of sale for proposal delivery and negotiation.
- Understand and effectively utilize competitive market data.
- Build and maintain profitable agency relationships.
NEW AND RENEWAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT:
- Identify opportunities to write additional lines of business using knowledge of individual risk characteristics and Select Products and Appetite.
- Proactively seek to retain key renewals by working closely with agent and business center.
- Demonstrate the ability to build partnerships with other business groups and identify and deliver agency and product solutions at the account level.
- Maintain an understanding of Travelers products, services and solutions and initiate discussions with other business units as appropriate.
- Identify and communicate to Sales Executive issues and opportunities requiring agency interaction.
- Participate in agency planning process as prescribed by the Agency Planning Best Practices.
- Communicate identified agency training needs to Agency Automation Executive and/or Sales Executive.
- Partner with Sales Executive to create a business plan for assigned territory with an emphasis to develop strong renewal retention and profitable new business pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of Account Executive/Underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 4 year college degree or related business experience preferred.
- Underwriting experience preferably in commercial underwriting.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate Proficiency for all competencies
- Technical Multi-line Underwriting
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Analytical, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Automation and Platform Skills
- Communication, Negotiation & Influence Skills
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Agency Management and Planning
- Business Acumen Understands Selects Products, Financials, Objectives and Service Requirements
- Transactional Sales Skills.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Experience : 0