Blue Shield of California’s mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that truly serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion combines a focus on our people, processes, and systems with a deep commitment to promoting social justice and health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Great Place to Work, best place to work for LGBTQ equality, leading disability employer, one of the best companies for women to advance, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we are striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – join us!
The Medi-Cal Business Programs team leads Medi-Cal business process excellence and decision support. The Business Analyst, Senior will report to the Senior Manager, Program and Project Management. In this role, you will provide complex business analysis of issues and gaps to support cross-functional operations teams.
In this role, you will:
- Provide complex analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations
- Develop annual operating plans, capital budgets and forecasts, and build business cases for new business initiatives (cost/benefit analysis)
- Develop, prepare, and analyze reports with complex analysis and data for management review, and present to various levels of management
- Define business requirements and provide analysis to increase operational efficiency
- Provide analytical support for multiple, complex cross-functional projects simultaneously; establish work plans and timelines
- Provides analytical support to multiple business areas during process improvements, gap analyses, and projects
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in conjunction with the business and notifies operational teams of issues requiring attention
- Provides Medi-Cal subject matter support for regulatory data files
- Supports operational and IT teams to ensure integrity of Medi-Cal regulatory data files
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Requires at least 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Highly motivated and works well with others in team or individual settings
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced environment with minimal to no supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Medi-Cal experience preferred
- Honest. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we're going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short
- Human. We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes
- Courageous. We stand up for what we believe in and are committed to the hard work necessary to achieve our ambitious goals