TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
As a Sales Consultant with TriNet you’ll help power business success with extraordinary HR by pursuing new prospects, sharing and quantifying our value proposition, and selling TriNet’s comprehensive solution which includes access to benefits, payroll, and HR services to companies with 5-99 employees within your designated territory. You’ll prospect and build your own book of business, own your opportunities and execute your sales process an organized calendar of activities. In an effort of exceeding quota, you’ll build pipeline, conduct sales meetings with prospective clients, write proposals, gain approvals, and present those proposals to prospective clients, including C-level executives, business owners and other decision makers in midsize businesses.
- Plan: Develop an annual plan to hit targets in defined territory, typically covering multiple states and/or regions and a diverse portfolio of industries, all centered around larger businesses with 5-99 employees.
- Prospect: Consistently work on building a balanced pipeline of target prospects through traditional means of prospecting (cold calling, email, phone, LinkedIn) as well as building and leveraging a diverse group of ecosystem partners to provide referrals and business development opportunities.
- Qualifying opportunities: Strong understanding of target market and decision-making personas will help to qualify or disqualify quickly.
- Value & Consultative Selling: Establish a trusted advisor relationship, both inside of TriNet and within the prospect’s decision-making system, to effectively gain successful business and long-term client relationships.
- Sales Process: Utilize a sophisticated and multi-step selling process with defined criteria, executive sponsorship and internal business processes. Balance multiple complex opportunities in parallel through the stages of typical 3-6-month sales process.
- Sales tools and systems: Utilize Sales systems including Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo and quoting tools to efficiently and effectively manage daily activities.
- Achieve quota target by meeting sales activity metrics
- Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely manner
- Demonstrate TriNet’s core values daily
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired; or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
- 3+ years’ experience in B2B complex sales cycle role.
- Proven PEO experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build your own book of business from prospecting, sourcing, establishing and maximizing partner and referral networks.
- Ability to build strong ecosystem partnerships and business referral relationships to share the value and mission of TriNet.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and sales opportunities at different stages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- A proven dedication to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually evolving business and work environment while managing balancing priorities.
- Experience with technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com.
- Detail oriented.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel to prospective clients’ sites within your assigned territory.
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact [email protected] to request such an accommodation.