Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company with approximately $8 billion in assets and one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the “Bank”). With our 600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with community organizations that provide financial literacy, job training, small business support, and affordable housing to help improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher standard of banking..
Responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of primarily commercial/business clients. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and manages a portfolio of primarily commercial/business clients ranging from complex credits to deposit only relationships. Acts as lead negotiator with prospects & clients.
- Grows revenue by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing client relationships via interest income, fee income and cash management revenue.
- Provides financial advice to clients and identifies and sells appropriate bank products and services to those prospects and clients.
- Builds strong relationships with referral sources, centers of influence, etc.
- Structures credits jointly with Loan Portfolio Managers.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Answers direct, telephonic or email questions from clients and staff and directs callers to proper Company personnel when necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), FHA (Fair Housing Act), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act
- Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations governing lending including but not limited to fair lending, privacy, RESPA as well as company operational policies and procedures, and the company’s products and services.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the immediate work unit
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on a short-term and long-term basis
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in sales or relationship management
- Experience in commercial and other related forms of lending and portfolio products preferred
Job Type: Full-time