We are hiring an Operations Assistant for our OnTrac facility in Milpitas, CA!
Shift: Monday-Friday 7AM-3PM
What you can expect as an Operations Assistant at OnTrac:
- Fun work environment, opportunity for career advancement!
- Get paid WEEKLY!
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits.
- A path to a rewarding career - many of our employees are promoted into leadership roles!
- Paid sick leave and possible 401k contributions!
What you’ll do as an Operations Assistant at OnTrac:
- Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
- Research, analyze, and report on daily compliance to management. Prepare business reports as often as required and forward to management.
- Work with computer system for accurate package status by updating the system with accurate information for customers, customer service team and other facilities. Update the internal system with comments regarding package status visible to the entire network.
- Assist drivers in the checkout process verifying that all packages are out for delivery. Reporting missing packages or packages not out for delivery. Track packages and daily records accounting.
- Process and document problem packages. Upload pictures and comments into the system and send to the account manager. Prepare packages to go out for delivery.
- May be required to communicate with customers regarding their package status. Will have direct contact with both internal and external customers.
- May assist with sort depending on facility volume and staffing needs.
Who are you?
This position requires the following competencies:
- Demonstrates Business and Technical Acumen:
- Advocates and Leads Change
- Engages and Inspires Others
- Communicates and Influences
- Develops Self and Others
- Customer Focused
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work both in warehouse and office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical demands while performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee will occasionally help with the sort activates, which involves pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50-75lbs.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- May consist of work that handles packages that could be damaged (leaking, dirty, wet, dusty) and could soil clothing and shoes.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One year of related industry experience and/or training in transportation and delivery or equivalent combination of both education and specific work experience required.
- Knowledge of branch routes, problem packages, drivers and customer base.
- Ability to compute and apply concepts to practical situations.
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Candidates must have the ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift, push, pull and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75. Candidates must be at least 18 years old, possess valid identification, and be able to pass a TSA screening. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
This is a safety sensitive position.