The Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of technical accounting memos on issues relevant to Alarm.com using various tools to research authoritative accounting guidance in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and implementation of new accounting standards. This position will primarily assist in the preparation and review of the Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs and related financial schedules to support the financial statement disclosures. The position will also assist in the preparation of other SEC filings (e.g., comment letters, 8-Ks, etc.) and will be responsible for assisting in the completion and review of XBRL on a quarterly basis. The position will report directly to the VP of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting.
The Financial Reporting and Technical Account Manager's primary job responsibilities will include:
- Research technical accounting issues and draft memorandums summarizing their impact
- Draft 10-Ks and 10-Qs in accordance with presentation and disclosure requirements
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist with special projects within department or as part of cross-functional teams
- Perform due diligence and purchase accounting procedures for acquisitions, including creating and executing work plans and drafting memos that summarize findings and technical accounting issues
- Coordinate with third party valuation experts for intangible assets and review valuation report
- Work with external auditors and facilitate the audits, reviews, testing of controls and testing of the purchase accounting and intangible asset valuations
- B.A. in Accounting with active CPA required
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP guidelines and SEC reporting requirements
- Ability to summarize complex accounting issues in a technical memorandum
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team to complete projects
- Prior experience at a public company working on financial reporting and/or technical accounting is preferred
- Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we're innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplaceâ„¢ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We're seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
- Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.