Inside Sales and Customer Service Representative
Southern Aluminum Finishing Co Inc
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Inside Sales Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non exempt
Based in Atlanta Georgia, SAF is a leader in the architectural metal products market with five operating locations in Georgia, Indiana, Tennessee, and California. For more about SAF see our website at http://www.saf.com. SAF is a family-owned and managed company 75 years strong.
We distribute, fabricate and finish (anodize and paint) aluminum and other products primarily for the commercial construction market. We currently have a position open for an inside sales Supervisor based in our Atlanta, GA office.
- Communicates with customers by phone, fax, e-mail or in person.
- Prepares quotations and receives orders for finishing, fabrication, sheet and extrusion.
- Handles all inquiries for scheduling, expediting, and after-order servicing of same.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Project management of large jobs as necessary
- Coordination with production for scheduling, expediting, after-order service, and problem/complaint resolution.
- Inspect incoming metal for quality and to verify prices are adequate.
- Work with production personnel to handle problems in the plant.
- Provides technical support and applications engineering for complete spectrum of SAF's products and services.
- Resolves complaints concerning products, billing or service rendered, entering complaints into the company data base. Position is authorized to issue credits to resolve complaints that do not exceed $500 per incident.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Recommends improvements, changes, or new techniques and procedures. Innovate using process thinking and continuous improvement.
- Be flexible: performs various other duties as required by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or three years related industrial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good listening skills are prerequisite. Candidate must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must score 4 or better on the ACT WorkKeys Assessments for Reading for
Information. Other language skills include:
1) Ability to read and interpret production instructions and workplace graphics such as detailed engineering drawings, blue prints, safety rules, schedule reports, part drawings, forms, tables, graphs, or diagrams. a. Summarize information from one or more detailed graphics b. Identify trends shown in one or more detailed or complicated graphics c. Compare information and trends from one or more complicated graphics
2) Ability to read, write routine reports and correspondence in English including: a. Author narrative reports via email and use our Sharepoint forums b. Understand acronyms, paraphrased definitions of a technical term, and industry jargon. c. Apply technical terms and jargon and relate them to new situations. d. Apply complex instructions that include conditionals to situations described in the materials. e. Interpret and apply company policies and safety regulations
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must score 5 or better on the ACT WorkKeys Assessment for Applied
Mathematics. Examples of daily tasks include: a. Decide what information, calculations, or unit conversions to use to solve the problem. b. Look up a formula and perform single-step conversions within or between systems of measurement. For example convert centimeters to inches. c. Calculate using mixed units (e.g., 3.5 hours and 4 hours 30 minutes) d. Find the best deal using one- and two-step calculations and then compare results. e. Calculate lineal dimensions, perimeters and areas from fabrication drawings calling on Algebra or
Geometry skills. f. Calculate percent discounts or markups
GENERAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
Must actively look for ways to help people and be able to persuade others to change their minds or behavior. Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All SAF facilities are tobacco free.
Understanding of Job Responsibilities - Date: Supervisor - Date
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location