Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Business Development Associates provide administrative and sales support for 2 or 3 Territory Wealth Management Sales Teams. As the third member of a wholesaling team that consists of a District Vice President and Business Development Manager (Internal Wholesaler), you will assist your teams in achieving a sales target. To do this, you will be required to develop a thorough understanding of the sales needs of each of your territories, participate in business development, and work directly with Advisors to fulfill requests. The BDA is an individual who demonstrates effective communication, organization and collaboration. They take initiative, problem solve and are results and team orientated. The position requires occasional travel for training, meetings, and execution of territory events.
Compliance & Cooperative Marketing Support
- Collaborate with Advisors, Manager and Compliance to administer dealer support requests, taking ownership of the cooperative marketing process from start to finish.
- For mutual fund requests, ensure compliance with National Instrument 81-105 Mutual Fund Sales Practice Rules by following Manulife Mutual Funds’ policies and procedures
- For non-mutual fund requests, ensure compliance with Manulife Investments’ Internal Sales Practice Guidelines
- Provide interpretation, guidance, education, and clarification of rules, regulations, and Manulife policies to Wholesaling Team (District Vice President and Business Development Manager) and Advisors.
- Communicate appropriate issues in a timely manner to Manager for resolution
Territory Budget Management
- Process, track, and maintain all territory expenses (e.g. cooperative marketing, travel & entertainment, Manulife Store promotional activities, etc.)
- Prepare and submit expense reports on behalf of District Vice Presidents via Manulife’s Expense Management System (Concur).
- Process invoices and prepare cheque requisitions
- Provide alternatives/suggestions to create spending efficiencies and savings
- Complete a variety of office administrative duties for each territory, such as booking travel arrangements and ordering business cards, event tickets, and recognition/promotional items.
Marketing & Sales Reporting Support
- Coordinate and monitor prompt distribution of Advisor marketing material requests
- Act as your team’s reporting specialist. Run daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc reports from SalesForce.com for territory sales analysis
- Participate in the development, monitoring, and execution of the Territory Business Plan
- Act as a conduit to all sales and marketing activities to ensure maximum impact in the sales territory by championing service issues, preparing District Vice Presidents for meetings and presentations (e.g. running asset reports), and coordinating advisor recognition
- Assist Wholesaling teams by scheduling and confirming branch presentation when necessary and booking Advisor meetings.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key partners across the organization to facilitate Sales Team and Advisor requests (i.e. Compliance, Client Services, Marketing, Events, Product, etc.)
- Maintain current Advisor records in SalesForce.com (i.e. maintain expenses, marketing materials, recognition records, etc.)
- Respond to basic inquiries from Advisors
Utilize and Leverage Technology
- Understand and become proficient in the functionality and features of the ExactTarget mass email application and SalesForce.com.
- Utilize ExactTarget to manage email distribution lists, run tracking report to analyze recipient open and click rate and organize and execute e-marketing campaigns on behalf of territories.
- Adhere to Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) when sending e-marketing campaigns (e-blasts).
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Sales Technology team to facilitate e-marketing campaigns and create templates.
- Manage Wholesaling team’s weekly distributions lists and e-marketing campaign strategy.
- Utilize Excel to produce reports for sales analysis (Pivot Tables, V Look Ups, Marcos)
- Leverage technology to create efficiencies within your territory and overall sales team.
Advisor Meetings/Small Events
- Assist your Wholesaling teams in strengthening relationships with Advisors through planning and organizing educational and business promotional events/activities, including branch meetings, portfolio manager trips and conference calls.
- Tasks may include: organizing catering, making reservations, creating and distributing invitations, preparing and sending out marketing materials and promotional items, and applying for Continuing Education (CE) credits
- Assist the Management and Events Team with national and regional events and initiatives.
- Coordinate and prepare weekly team meeting with each territory team
- Process and coordinator team’s Portfolio Manager Access Requests and Briefing Documents in an accurate and efficient manner.
- On-site execution of territory and national events (may include occasional weekends and overnight stays)
- You will be expected to present a professional image while negotiating the demands of on-site events which include long hours, tight time frames, multiple tasks, and responsibility for many deliverables
- Demonstrates a beginner level of knowledge in mutual funds, segregated funds and capital markets.
- Understands the advisory channels: IIROC, MFDA and MGA.
- Assist Wholesaling team with producing illustrations, product proposals and fund comparisons.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies):
- Post-secondary education is required.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or IFIC course is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management tools and Mass Email Applications.
- Experience in Mutual Fund business or brokerage/financial planning industry is an asset
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change, including changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills; ability to investigate problems without supervision
- Fast learner and self-starter, who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Bilingualism required for positions based in Montreal (English/French)
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .