- Strategically grow account revenue through category expansion in existing, assigned accounts
- Drive utilization of Essendant value-added services
- Perform weekly internal review of sales results
- Conduct ad-hoc touchpoints w/ customer stakeholders
Conduct annual/semi-annual internal business reviews and external business reviews
- Prepare research around market trends, customer needs, and cross-/up-sell opportunities
- Coordinate appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Understand customer’s short & long term strategic objectives, and opportunities for Essendant
- Consult with specialist resources to develop competency in technical aspects of solutions; and engage specialist resources in pursuits if necessary
- Initiate new customer relationships with Essendant & undertake initial solution development necessary to land a new customer
- Confidently create lasting relationships with the customer to drive progression through additional Essendant sales channels and using Teams when customer is agreeable to build relationships with decision-makers.as appropriate
- Coordinates the involvement of internal resources, including support, service and management resources, transportation and pricing, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Negotiates pricing and/or bid support as necessary to acquire new business or regain lost business.
- Provides escalated support to “Reactive” customers while ensuring these customers migrate to a self-service support mechanism
Effective Sales Representative Skills, Behaviors
- Identifies sales opportunities through their website and account profiling, and develops plans tailored to the customer’s business model.
- Generates sales and margin growth while being cognizant of EBITDA.
- Plans and organizes calls and activities for the day in order to maximize sales and meet key metrics.
Discipline of Management Processes and Tools
- Promotes Company freight and pricing plans and programs, Company Customer Training, where available, and the use of the both self-serve, and Customer Care Centers as appropriate for each customer.
- Conducts annual and semi-annual internal and external business reviews
- Preparing research around market trends, customer needs, and cross/up-sell opportunities. Gain insights to customer’s short and long term frequent business reviews and is informed of innovations available in the business.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities
- Assessment of sales drivers, decision makers, and viable deals
- Remote relationship development & maintenance skills
- Remote negotiation skills
- Business acumen to discuss and develop solutions tailored to a broad set of customer needs through the ability to assess customer needs, probe for objections and look for creative solutions to promote/sell the company’s products and/or services.
- Identification of mutually beneficial initiatives (to Essendant and the customer)
- Compelling articulation of unique Essendant value proposition
- General expertise in customers industry/market
- Strong communications skills; written, verbal, and technology based with the ability to communicate with all customers management levels
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three (3) years Sales or related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)