Technical Sales Engineer
About SIGMA Plastic Services, Inc.
A global leader in the plastics industry for over 20 years, we continue to provide technical business solutions through a holistic approach for the simulation of injection molding processes with our proprietary software, SIGMASOFT® Virtual Molding. We focus on building trusting relationships with our customers that instill confidence in mold design and production in injection molding. Our organization also offers contract engineering services and provides customer development through education in our SIGMA training arena and customer support.
The purpose of the Technical Sales Engineer position is to assist in the growth of SIGMA Plastic Services, Inc. revenue particularly focused on software sales to new and current customers. This individual must be highly motivated, organized, team player and a great communicator. The staff at SIGMA Plastic Services, Inc. are highly valued professionals in which the individual will be working closely with to achieve the desired goals. This position is not remote.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a technical team environment
- Identify, qualify and develop new leads and grow the sales pipeline
- Develop and sell to new and existing clients
- Organize sales visits to new and existing customers
- Providing sales demonstrations and assist with workshops
- Prepare proposals, quotations and presentation material
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support
- Negotiate contracts and close the sale
- Review cost and sales performance
- Write reports and sales literature
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Up to 70% domestic and 5% international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering related fields
- 5+ years of experience in B2B sales and success in selling high end products preferably related to the plastics or manufacturing markets
- Self-starter with a positive mindset
- Strong analytical skills for applying metrics and measurements in a sales environment along with being highly organized
- Ability to problem solve and thrive under pressure
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Customer Service, Achieving Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Customer
- Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product
- Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Prospecting and Sales
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in manufacturing or technical related field
- Sandler Sales Foundation Certified
SIGMA Plastic Services Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, 3 weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas/New Year Holiday.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. U.S. immigration employer sponsorship is not provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Following the Illinois guidelines.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
- On the road
Work Location: On the road