Department: KS Grocery
Post End Date: 07/22/2021
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Natural Foods Sales Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 8
FLSA Status: Exempt
Partner with Transition Team and Merchandisers within the Division to coordinate a balanced marketing program, merchandising strategies and plans for respective division. Achieve a high level of knowledge on local market trends, customer needs, customer life-styles and competitive activity that impacts on the Division marketing program to meet/exceed customers' expectations. Work collaboratively with Corporate Teams to achieve Grocery Merchandising sales and profit budgets. Achieve effective balanced program to fit individual market to encompass sales planning, space management, price management, and service. Achieve Division Business Plan in alignment with the Company Business Plan. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide local/regional market data input to Corporate Team for selection of items advertised and establishing competitive advertised retails.
- Establish and maintain a systematic procedure to obtain knowledge of local competitive retail structures. Analyze and provide this information to all stakeholders to ensure competitive and profitable retail price structure.
- Effectively use historical and forecasted statistical information to ensure Kroger merchandising leadership in Grocery Merchandising.
- Work closely with all other Division departments to ensure prompt and complete follow-through on sales and merchandising plans.
- Assist Grocery Merchandising. in developing Division Business Plan consistent with the Company Business Plan.
- Assist Grocery Merchandising in developing realistic budgets for Grocery Merchandising.
- Implement company policy and standards in Grocery Merchandising.
- Make a strong and continuous effort to broaden personal knowledge and skill in all areas that Kroger operates
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to project and react to business issues
- System and software knowledge
- Ability to anticipate customer trends
- Effectively establish priorities
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Division District Coordinator
- Division or Corporate Perishable Category Manager
- Corporate Merchandising experience
- Experience in multiple Division Merchandising Departments
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Regions: Any; Mountain
States: Colorado; Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Northern Mariana Islands; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Palau; Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming