Requisition ID: 111078
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Area Sales Manager contributes to the profitable growth of the Dealer Finance Centre portfolio. He/she develops new and maintains existing Dealer and Manufacturer Indirect Retail business in line with short and long-range Bank objectives and policies. He/she is responsible for achieving both business development and customer satisfaction goals for an assigned market area as well as ensuring related expenses are controlled within authorized budgets. The incumbent is expected to manage the relationship with the dealer, ensuring customer satisfaction and good quality service is provided.
- Develop a marketing/calling program with assigned accounts and new prospects to reach established business development targets by:
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of dealer finance (retail lending indirect and retail leasing) products, policies, services, and credit risks
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of competitor’s dealer finance products, services and initiatives
- Researching/analyzing market, customers, prospects to develop marketing strategies to attract new customers, maintain/grow existing high value customers and increase value of low value customers
- Identifying and prioritizing suitable prospects to effectively develop and implement a marketing program to acquire new indirect retail referrals
- Analyzing prospect/customer lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on industry/market data and customer analytics
- Undertaking call planning to develop strategic sales plans for prospects and existing customers
- Completing reports for key sales opportunities and reviewing with the Retail Sales Manager
- Maintaining a high market profile in order to develop relationships to build and grow business opportunities
- Execute an aggressive marketing/calling program on designated customers and prospects within the assigned market area according to agreed upon growth objectives by:
- Making business development calls to prospects and customers alone or with Relationship Manager
- Preparing professional and timely client proposals, understanding and promoting our key differentiation against our competitors
- Ensuring activities are coordinated with the business development activities of the assigned Relationship Manager; meeting to exchange and coordinate respective business development plans
- Providing the Retail Sales Manager with timely and accurate business development reporting
- Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales calling program
- Identifying and facilitating the involvement of key Bank resources and stakeholders to further business interests
- Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful opportunities
- Updating client or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ensuring that the Bank’s interests are protected at all times by strictly adhering to risk management and compliance programs, internal and regulatory guidelines, including Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, etc.
- Ensuring adherence to Information, Security and Policy Privacy Requirements.
- Contribute to the maintenance of effective operations for the processing of dealer finance arrangements by:
- Providing accurate instructions to customers to ensure documentation is complete and submitted for set up of new arrangements
- Assisting in problem resolution, as required
- Maintaining appropriate customer files, as required
- Build and maintain a high market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Identifying key business contacts and centres of influence within the market area
- Building and maintaining relationships with key players/contacts
- Planning and completing relationship activities which generate sales opportunities and / or provide value to the customers
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts
- Liaising with Bank product specialists to stay abreast of new enhancements, products and services, as necessary
- Ensure all aspects of assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required, to maintain, improve, grow and retain the relationship by:
- Using strong knowledge of the Bank’s diverse products and services to ensure the banking needs of each relationship are well understood and documented
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service; providing solutions on issues
- Partnering with the Relationship Manager, as required, ensuring customer needs are met
- Responding/resolving enquiries from customers, as required, regarding credit lines, general enquiries and complaints; ensuring all customer enquiries, concerns and complaints are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, resolving same within authority or by referring customer to the appropriate source, as set up in the Bank’s Complaint Resolution
- Identifying product deficiencies as a result of customer interactions and needs analysis and recommending potential product changes/opportunities to the Retail Sales Manager
- Providing an excellent and consistent level of customer service in dealings with both internal and external customers
- Safeguards the Bank’s assets and liabilities by:
- Maintaining adherence to the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering program and Guidelines for Business Conduct, by reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities as per established procedures
- Ensuring all Compliance policies are followed including “Know Your Customer” guidelines
COMPLEXITY OF POSITION:
The incumbent must have:
- Excellent understanding of Dealer Finance programs, products, policies and services (in particular, Automotive) including a working knowledge of systems/platforms, routines and operating procedures
- Extensive knowledge of all retail lending indirect and retail leasing products as well as a solid knowledge of other retail products which may meet customer needs
- Strong knowledge of the Automotive Finance marketplace in Canada and a detailed knowledge of key prospects, major customers and competitive positioning within the assigned market area; awareness of local market and general economic conditions
- Strong understanding of DFC business strategies, structure and objectives and the overall Automotive Finance and Indirect Lending Strategic plan
- Thorough knowledge of ALS COM, Electronic Dealer Link, F&I Software suppliers, Sales Contact Management software and other Automotive Finance systems and platforms
- Strong personal computer skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software and planning tools as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of communication, sales and general information activities including preparing proposals and documents, monitoring results and responding to enquiries
- Working knowledge of all commercial deposits and retail products which are provided to customers but not serviced directly at the DFC that can be referred to other BNS counterparts
Working knowledge of products and services provided by the Bank’s specialized sales forces and other delivery channels such as Wealth Management, Retail & Small Business Banking, etc.
The incumbent is out of the office most of the time conducting visits and resolving customer concerns and complaints. He/she works in a variety of remote offices and hotel facilities.
Depending on the Region, the incumbent may undertake extensive travel within the assigned geographic market area, which can be an exceptionally large territory. Some DFC’s service customers across an entire province or several provinces. Depending on the DFC location, the incumbent may travel 35 to 40 times per year often by air or extended vehicle trips. Trips can be for durations of up to one week and while trips are often planned, a high degree of travel flexibility may be required by the incumbent to manage priority business opportunities. All modes of travel can be used including automobile, planes and ferries.
Frequent interruptions, ad hoc requests and unplanned operating issues, along with constantly changing priorities contribute to the high demands placed on the incumbent.
Working hours vary between DFC’s. Some centres operate 6 days per week and are open until 9:00 p.m. While most Sales Representatives typically work a standard day, non-standard working hours can occur. In addition, DFC trade shows may require the sales team to be able to operate 7 days per week. There are typically 20 to 25 off-site trade shows during the period February to August.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.