Patient Service Representative - Internal Medicine, Salem- (3164811)
We are looking for a passionate Patient Service Representative to join our Internal Medicine office located at 331 Highland Ave in Salem. The office hourse are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We have dozens of sites across the North Shore, with more than 400 board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals working as one to provide exceptional care.
We are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction. Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Mass General Brigham, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance.
Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward!
The Patient Service Representative is a multi-tasking position that consists of all front-end functions including:
- Customer service
- Telephone management
- Copay collections
- Time of service account management
- Charge entry
- Appropriate cash and end-of-day closure procedures
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Front-End Operations, or the Site Manager, Patient Service Representative (PSR) will:
- Ensure that all provider schedules are appropriately populated
- Telephones are responded to according to established protocols
- Complete registration information is captured prior to, or during each patient visit
- Perform appropriate and timely charge entry for all patient visits
- Manage cash drawers according to established protocols
- Post cash to patients accounts
- Manage patient responsible account balances at the time of service
Collaborative interaction with patients, physicians, other staff members and management, patient satisfaction and accurate processing of all front-end functions are integral to the success of this individual.
- The PSR must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation and an outgoing and pleasant demeanor
- Prior experience and demonstrated competence with patient or customer information systems, cash control.
- 2 years of relevant front-desk and customer related experience in a healthcare facility or 3 years in a front-end customer service position preferred.
High School Diploma or College level course work
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.