Do you want to have an impact on a $1T industry?
Then you should consider joining Forma.ai! We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to be part of our Engineering team.
Forma.ai is a Series A (https://www.forma.ai/blog/series-a-funding/) startup based in Toronto that's reinventing sales intelligence for leading enterprise organizations. Forma.ai helps Fortune 500 companies automate and optimize sales compensation and critical sales operations functions.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We're welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Full Stack Engineer will play an influential role in feature development. You'll be expected to do all the usual things in code quality and participate in solution design. You may also be asked to work occasionally on customer implementations or issues. Our engineering team is small but fast-growing and highly focused on having an impact.
A bit more about the team:
Forma.ai has a B2B SaaS application used by our customers as well as complex tools designed to be used internally by the Customer Operations team to help service those customers. These are not standard crud apps but advanced workflow, data visualization and business intelligence systems designed for Forma.ai's specific needs. The engineers on this team will build out user interfaces and APIs for both the internal and external products as well as interface closely with the data platform team.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- The ability to communicate technical product issues with disciplines across multiple teams
- A strong sense of customer empathy and an interest in being involved in the product direction
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Python, Django and Postgres as the main language, framework and database
- Cloud computing environment: Currently migrating from Heroku to AWS using Docker
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation. In addition to your base salary, you'll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai's success
- Minimum vacation. All Formadillos (yup, that's what we call ourselves!) are entitled to a minimum of 15 days vacation so you can rest and recharge
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You'll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You'll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you're looking for – whether that's as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work flexibility. Formadillos have the option to work where they are most productive, whether that's in our Toronto office, from their home across Canada, or a combination of both. When conditions permit, we'll open our office for productivity, collaboration and team events
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai we're diverse by design. We're committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We'll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we're looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.