Who is UFS?
UFS is the community bank technology outfitter that inspires confidence for community banks, by providing purpose-built solutions that make technology work for them, instead of the other way around.
Founded in 1991, our purpose is to Empower Community Banks and Our People to Thrive – Together. We live that Purpose by always putting people first in our decisions and actions.
Our engaged culture is strongly influenced by the passion our team members bring while serving Community Banks and their communities. We believe in encouraging confidence in each other and delivering solutions that make our customers confident with us. To that end we seek out problem solvers, creative thinkers and engaged individuals that thrive in a fast-paced yet supportive environment.
We believe engaged employees lead to loyal customers, which in turn drives results for our business. We are caring, intense, and approachable, and have a lot of fun along the way. Tuesdays - we have Virtual Trivia Time, Thursdays - you might find us out on the patio playing cornhole, and you never know what to expect on “Friday Funday”.
As part of a talented team of individuals, you will be instrumental as a partner in new customer acquisition, solving complex technical problems and ensuring the success of our sales, operational and support teams. Specific responsibilities include matching customer needs with our product and solution set; explaining solutions and technical concepts to executive, technical and internal sales audiences; planning for and guiding successful product onboardings based on the solution and bank requirements. You will play a key role in building confidence in UFS and our solutions to both internal and external audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates and leads technical sales / functional support activity while ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the process
- Partners with a team of professionals responsible for identifying qualified prospects and assisting them in uncovering pain points that UFS can solve
- Identifies technical solutions to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value
- Coordinates closely with business development, product and support groups to align solution design with customers’ business requirements in a way that leverages UFS’ competitive advantage
- Provides instruction and mentorship to sales team members to enhance product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Develops and delivers presentations and demonstrations for diverse audiences
- Uses knowledge of leading technologies in the market, solutions offered by UFS, and customer business strategy to support the development and expansion of high value solutions
- Actively participates in special projects and strategic initiatives based on our priorities for the year
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution, or significant experience in a similar role
- 6+ years of sales, sales engineering or solution architect experience in technology
- Previous experience in the banking industry a plus
- Previous experience in managed services environment a plus
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to build deep functional knowledge of technical solutions & integrations
- Ability to present conceptual ideas in clear and compelling ways
- Ability to analyze complex technical systems and explain those systems for a variety of audiences
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Desire to collaborate, communicate, and build consensus across the team
- High standards of quality and timeliness when determining personal work goals and schedule
- Highly organized with the ability to think quickly and problem-solve
- Desire to continually improve and contribute to our Purpose of Empowering Community Banks and our People to Thrive – Together
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, usually waist high, up to 50 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment
- Travel – Up to 25%