Do you have a passion for the beauty industry? Do you love supporting people and developing your team? Salon Service Group is currently accepting applications for a dynamic Regional Sales Director in the Des Moines area. This position is responsible for the overall management and development of our Salon Consultants and store teams within our Iowa and Nebraskaterritories, to drive company revenue.
Salon Service Group, founded over 32 years ago, is the nation’s largest privately-owned professional beauty distributor. SSG proudly partners with the Professional Beauty Industry exclusively, through partnerships with salons, cosmetology schools and stylists. We have conveniently located, professionally exclusive wholesale stores representing our independently owned, high-end professional portfolio of haircare brands across SSG territories. We are committed to excellent service, quality products and most importantly, we build strong lifelong partnerships with our customers. Our highest priority is to provide our customers with the tools and support that they need for success.
Our Regional Sales Directors are responsible for leading and managing SSG's sales force and store team by promoting each of the brands that SSG represents to Salons, Stylists, and Schools within the geographic region. The RSD will also manage projects involving cross functional communication and activities.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the sales and store team by effectively training, mentoring, and coaching, by providing leadership and ensuring that the team performs with integrity. This position is also responsible for the proper use of corporate resources and assets within the region and is required to attend and participate in sales and management meetings and events.
Working for SSG will provide you with:
- An organization which is built on its people, where every person truly matters
- Competitive compensation package with bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package, including vacation pay, sick time, health, dental, vision, 401k retirement plan with a company match, and great discounts on exclusive haircare products
- Partnership with a dynamic team of leaders in a fun, exciting industry
- Opportunity for personal growth and career advancement
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the sales and store team activities to ensure company quotas and standards are met
- Achieve company objectives through effective planning, the evaluation and establishment of both new and existing sales territories, prioritizing initiatives and setting sales goals for the sales and store team
- Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement
- Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting
- Report on team and individual performance
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies
- Generate leads, build, and nurture customer relationships
- Take the lead in open territories during leaves or vacancies
- Recruit, hire, train and maintain a high performing sales and store team
- Coach, advise, motivate, or replace employees when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- 5+ years of Outside Sales Management (minimum of 5 direct reports) required
- Experience or interest in the Beauty Industry
- Ability to travel regularly
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- B2B "Hunter" with knowledge of and experience with the sales process
- Excellent Presentation & Communication Skills
- Strong leader and negotiator
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) required
- Proficient in Office applications including Outlook and Microsoft Excel
Please include a current resume and your salary expectations when responding to this ad.
Check us out online at www.salonservicegroup.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
SSG is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with SSG without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.