Are you ready to step up your solution architecture game?
About the Role:
A Principal Consultant in our Analytics practice is a solution-oriented role proactively performing business intelligence capabilities and providing data insights for large scale projects for clients. Principal Consultants work with the Business Development team with pre-sales activities identifying potential opportunities with new and existing clients. They possess a strong background in data modeling expertise, and have gained valuable experience leading and executing related projects.
What you will do:
- Execute business intelligence and analytics projects for Sparkhound clients
- Create dashboards, reports, and spreadsheets that solve business problems.
- Function as a solution architect and create sales opportunities by leveraging client relationships
- Create data models that support Ad Hoc reporting and analysis.
- Design, test, and implement data integration software.
- Create Sparkhound intellectual property from scratch; revolutionize internal processes and Sparkhound offerings
- Design, test, and implement descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive studies.
- Understand our clients’ businesses and the enterprise information systems that run them.
- Serve as clients’ trusted partner
- Function as a hands-on data analyst with exceptional skills for manipulating data on a variety of platforms.
- Operate comfortably in the domains of exploratory analysis, data mining, hypothesis testing, and general statistical reasoning
- Understand and apply general business concepts including accounting, sales, marketing supply chain, performance management, operations management, etc.
- Be an expert on at least two platforms implemented by Sparkhound: the Microsoft Data Platform, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, or Tableau.
- Assist coworkers in the completion of tasks and assignments. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Serve as career and practice-level mentor across Sparkhound
- Assist the larger Sparkhound community to manage projects, test information systems, and implement solutions across all our lines of business.
Live out the Sparkhound Culture
- Be a Go-To Person
- Create Value
- Put Clients First
- Act as One Team
- Have Fun!
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a fit?
- 4-year degree (or work experience equivalent)
- 10+ years of experience with business intelligence and analytics technologies
- Hands on experience delivering cloud based Analytics focused solutioning
- Expert Data Modeler
- Expert analysis skills backed by experience with big data, cloud computing, ERP systems, and modern business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Experience executing and managing projects.
- Expert knowledge of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics techniques and algorithms.
- Expert knowledge of common information systems, metrics, and reports for Financial, Workforce, Sales & Marketing business functions.
- Expert knowledge of common business modeling problems including: customer/employee retention, up sell/cross sell, risk management, collections management, fraud detection, etc.
- Able to create a budget plan, account balance, exception, and other common report types.
- Expert understanding of dashboarding, mashups, pivot tables, and lists, bar graphs, line graphs, box and whisker plots, tree maps, scatterplots, histograms, Pareto charts, control charts, small multiples, sparklines, and when such visualizations should be used.
- Must have a proven track record of implementing at least one of the following: Azure, Oracle Hyperion, IBM Cognos, Insight, Microsoft Excel Services, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or DOMO.
- Expert understanding of relational, dimensional, and entity modeling techniques including Kimball data warehousing and willingness to develop expertise.
- Proven ability to interpret and query relational databases, data warehouses, OLAP cubes, and Microsoft tabular models.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
We offer more than just "Work":
- Competitive Pay
- Dynamic Career Opportunities
- Flexible Work Environment
- Customizable Health Benefits
- Inclusive Company Culture
- Exclusive Employee Discounts
With multiple locations throughout the United States, Sparkhound is dedicated to enabling our clients’ businesses through leadership and digital transformation. For over 20 years, our consultants have provided experience, insights, and digital capabilities to ensure impactful business outcomes. We are on the talent hunt for problem solvers that can collaborate and partner with our clients to plan, build and run lasting business solutions.
Sparkhound Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.
- 5 - 8 years: Senior Consultant
- 7 - 12 years: Data Architect
- 7 - 12 years: Solution Architect
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Microsoft DP-200
- Microsoft DP - 201
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Azure Data Engineer
- Azure Solutions Architect
- Team Leadership & Mentorship
- Lead Project Delivery
- Effective Communication
- Data Warehousing
- Data Visualization
- Data Modeling
- Enterprise ETL Concepts
- Client facing interaction and communication
- Business Acumen
- Microsoft Azure
- Big Data