We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (CSS) is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP’s) and hospital systems within an assigned territory. The CSS will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) cardiology, nephrology, emergency medicine, HF clinic staff and pharmacy staff within assigned customers.
- Drives appropriate utilization of approved cardiovascular products, and works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s and hospitals.
- Apply expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally manage business opportunities and challenges.
- Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment, and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process as it relates to the customers that they are responsible for to maximize opportunities.
- Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. Sales Leadership, Hospital Account Specialist and USMM) regarding strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region.
- Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans, and communicates insights to internal stakeholders.
- Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential.
- Understands fully the assigned customers’ product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales
- 2 years specialty pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience, operating in a highly clinical disease category or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales.
- Proven track record of consistent high performance.
- Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams.
- This is a remote position that will cover Key Accounts in the assigned region. Candidate must be based within that region or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
- Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals/biotech products.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
- Understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement and protocol development.
- Demonstrated ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
Why Consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.