- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
- No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Mettler Toledo's laboratory division is seeking to hire a Instrument Sales Representative in the Houston, TX metro area who will report to the Area Business Manager. As an Instrument Sales Rep you will focus on the sale of titration, density, refractometry, UV/VIS and melting point and dropping point as well as service at point of sale. You will work independently and together with our authorized sales channel partners.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Growing sales and achieving targets for the identified products by working together with our national distribution partners and directly with our customers
- Organizing, planning and scheduling selling time to effectively cover the assigned territory
- Maintaining inventory of demo-related items and demo budgets
- Maintaining the highest level of integrity while building long-term relationships
- Covering a multi-state territory with about 25% overnight travel.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelors Degree in the field of Chemistry, Natural Sciences or Business and/or worked in sales with at least 2 to 3 years of related experience in scientific instruments or capital equipment
- Lead accounts and maintained relationships with a distribution network
- Experience training and developing the skills of others
- Established yourself as a trusted leader with vision in a related field by analyzing customer problems, mastering product knowledge, and differentiating from the competition
- The discipline to maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) system daily and complete necessary weekly reports
- A BS or BA in the natural sciences preferred, or business/marketing with emphasis on chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, biochemistry, or neuroscience
- Excellent relationship-building skills to create trust with customers and synergy with dealers
- Experience using SAP's CRM system would be a plus
Our Offer to You
- The use of a company car with paid insurance and gas for your work and personal use plus laptop, cell phone, and expense account
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program, perks and discounts
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected]