Veolia Water Technologies (VWT) is currently seeking a Sales/Applications Engineer to work in our Whittier Filtration office in Brea, CA.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to help us respond to exciting opportunities involving the purification of industrial process water. If you are interested in joining a team that is undertaking challenging and important projects and you have a solid, related engineering background, we would like to meet you right away.
VWT specializes in water treatment filtration and separation systems for a variety of industrial processes. The Auto-Jet, Filtra-Matic, Autoflot, and Power Clean are some of our proprietary technologies installed in Gold and Silver Mining, Chemical Processing, and Oil & Gas plants.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Reports to the Sales Manager and work with the other Sales Engineers.
- Read and understand detailed client specifications and provide a compliant system design description.
- Respond to client’s needs with a well-written proposal for complete water treatment capital equipment and systems.
- Provide detailed cost estimates for proposed equipment that takes into consideration client’s specifications and needs.
- Be responsible for stewardship of specific product lines, suggesting changes or enhancements to be more competitive, and following up with the engineering team to ensure changes are incorporated.
- See the big picture for each proposal such that a greater understanding of the client’s need for our product is realized. Envision additional ways our products and services or other Veolia division’s products and services could be exploited and suggest those to the client.
- Provide help to others in the Sales Department with software estimating tools and databases.
VWS offers you competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.
Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies (VWS) is an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. VWS is a Veolia Water company. Veolia Water provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, Veolia Energy, and Veolia Transportation.
Veolia offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure your success.
Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environment (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of three business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
The following is required for this position:
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in sales of packaged process equipment, preferably for treatment of industrial liquid streams.
- Candidates must possess as a minimum a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil
Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of packaged process equipment utilizing pumps, valves, instrumentation and controls, with the ability to properly select and size these components in a water treatment system.
- Extensive knowledge of water treatment processes: filtration, separation, ion exchange.
- Problem solving thinking, ability to plan and time management skills.
- Knowledge in hydraulic and fluid dynamics, mass transfer, metal corrosion, materials selection, and thermodynamics are a plus.
- Experience in system sizing, proposal-writing and estimating (applications engineering).
- A valid passport and the ability to travel domestically and internationally.