Are you a people person? Do you love helping to create and promote special events? Do you want to help build girls of courage, confidence and character?
Then come to work with us!
Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast (GSCCC) provides Girl Scouting in the counties of Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. Our Camp Arnaz property is a 36 acre site nestled in the foothills near Ojai.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and creative individual to promote and secure special events at Camp Arnaz. Weddings, group camping trips, team building events, business meetings, dances, family reunions, parties…
Title: Camp Arnaz Event Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The core function of the Camp Arnaz Event Sales Manager is developing and implementing a strategy to create, promote, produce events while securing revenue for Camp Arnaz and the organization and making positive contributions to the Girl Scout community through event outreach. This dynamic role will produce executive communications, content, events, meetings, speaking opportunities, and programs while also providing administrative support to the Executive Team.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Develop a deep understanding of our Girl Scout brand, council programs, and Camp Arnaz needs.
- Amplify the Girl Scout brand and CEO/CDO voice through engagement opportunities and communications.
- Manage all special event reservations, certificates of insurance, payments and required forms.
- Opportunity to help elevate Camp Arnaz special event offerings with annual review of terms and conditions as well as managing venue renovations.
- Share Camp Arnaz special event opportunities to secure revenue
- On-site special event point of contact
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and agendas for events and meetings with stakeholders that represent the brand and capture our business objectives.
- Stay immersed in relevant industry news and trends to guide leadership and customer/partner collaboration.
- Represent the brand through public speaking, exhibiting at events, attending events on behalf of the CEO and organization or providing Camp Arnaz tours.
- Building relationships with members and stakeholders and responding to and supporting Camp Arnaz inquires.
- Arrange CEO speaking appointments and camp tours to elevate the movement.
- Seek out GSCCC staff and membership speaking opportunities to make presentations to local community groups.
- Create, cultivate, and maintain relationships with external partnerships, other organizations, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications department when curating content through member experiences and events for placement and posting
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field or four-year equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Bilingual capabilities (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities preferred
- Schedule to include nights and weekends to meet event schedule
Girl Scouts of California's Central Coast is committed to a culture that fosters a workplace that is open and inviting to our staff and members. We at Girl Scouts of California's Central Coast live by the following Guiding Principles. Specific skills and competencies related to each of our Guiding Principles is in a separate “Cultural Competencies” document. We expect all members of our staff to embody and develop these competencies.
- Communicate with compassion: be open, honest, respectful, clear, direct, and timely.
- Innovate through change: be proactive, agile, and responsive.
- Work with purpose: be intentional and visionary.
- Embrace our community: be supportive, empathetic, collaborative, and appreciative.
- Be accountable: own it.
- Make each day FUNomenal: we can do it!
Skill Set Requirements:
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Proven idea-generator and problem solver with excellent communication
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proficient command of English
- High-level thinking with a strong inclination for keeping track of details
- Strong analytical abilities necessary to gather key business and user insights, and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s being generated
- Must have the ability to work with, support, and motivate young people; experience with youth services related programs
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and the ability to work well with diverse groups included youth and adults from different backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills, appreciation, and understanding of diversity and pluralism
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by employees but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
GSCCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,240.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ventura, CA 93001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Events management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)