This position reports directly to the SFMS VP of Sales and Marketing
- Lead as the catalyst to increase sales in the assigned territory by leveraging existing relationships to open doors, fostering new relationships, and positioning SFMS for short-mid- and long-term growth.
- Develop strategic customer accounts, support existing business with GE, Parker, General Atomics, Bell Helicopters and Honeywell. Work closely with these customers to identify new programs or products and adjacent market opportunities.
- Structure multiyear quote proposals, manage inputs from various functional groups, customer interfaces, establish pricing, lead the negotiations, and review and sign contracts.
- Partner with other AMETEK Aerospace & Defense BUs to develop consensus for strategic direction for individual customer accounts or programs.
- Manage customers and the associated pipeline of opportunities in SalesForce.com
- Manage the performance of the AMETEK sales reps for the region and hold routine reviews with them, ensure they are actively pursuing new accounts and programs. Measures and reports their progress.
- Provides support for the development and execution of the BU Product Roadmap, program execution, product development and BU growth objectives.
- Establish and maintains knowledge of new development programs and customer timelines. Able to support Tier, 1,2 or 3 accounts with thorough and incisive knowledge of the customers’ supply chain processes.
- Support financial reporting including forecasting, budgets, and quarterly reporting requirements; provide regular communication on key programs in pursuit portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; BS in Engineering is strongly preferred, MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in aerospace and defense industry required; experience working with key commercial and military OEMs; knowledge and understanding of aerospace sensor applications and/or aircraft systems is a plus.
- Highly collaborative individual with outstanding communication and networking skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel: must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time domestically and internationally
- No recruiters, please; resumes from staffing/recruiting agencies will not be accepted
- No phone calls, please
- Only resumes submitted through the AMETEK website will be considered
- Relocation is not available for this position