DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Sales Account Executive III - Group Retiree
In this role, you will be responsible for the identification, development, and sale of Group Medicare Advantage and Group Prescription Drug (Part D) plans within Anthem Group Retiree Solutions. This is a senior-level individual contributor sales role requiring experience, expertise, and demonstrated success in the Group Medicare Advantage and Group Part D market.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engage and educate prospective clients and sell Anthem Group Retiree products
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with leading health care consultants, brokers, third-party-administrators and prospective clients throughout an assigned market(s)
- Serve as the Group Retiree subject matter expert on Anthem's Group Retiree capabilities for an assigned market(s) for internal and external stakeholders
- Execute and drive the Group Retiree go-to-market growth strategy and drive a robust pipeline within an assigned market(s)
- Coordinate proposals and quoting activities, and present Group Retiree value story to identified stakeholders
- Expand Anthem's Group Retiree market visibility, membership, and operating income.
- Contribute to thinking and market insights into the strategic direction of Anthem's Group Retiree business, helping to refine product offerings and the Group Retiree value proposition.
- Maintain accurate management of pipeline, RFP activity, target prospects, and producer firm activities.
- Requires a BA/BS business or related fields; Minimum 7 years of experience and demonstrated success in Sales and/or Account Management in a larger group or Medicare medical insurance account market; or any combination of education and experience
- Group health insurance sales, account management or broker/consultant experience
- Knowledge and experience with Group Sponsored Medicare Advantage and/or Part D programs in either a sales, account management or broker/consultant capacity
- Requires a current Life and Health Producer License with Department(s) of Insurance based on each state in his/her territory.
- The ability to travel in an assigned market(s) is required.
- Sales experience with Public Sector clients, Organized Labor/Multi-employer health & welfare funds.
- Familiarity and ease of working with larger, sophisticated consulting firms.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Strong in-person, or virtual, presentation ability.
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel proficiency.
- Salesforce knowledge
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $94,920 - $118,650
- Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.