Business Development Specialist
Welcome to Trek Freight Services, LLC! Trek is a private 3rd Party Logistics Brokerage, owned by individuals with over 30 years of experience, located in Lincolnwood, IL. Trek was founded in September of 2001, and since then has grown significantly due to the experience of our staff, our exemplary customer service, and Trek's comprehensive array of freight solutions.
We are searching for experienced Inside Sales Representatives to join our Business Development department. Under the direction of our Director of Sales, you will specialize in acquiring new customer accounts, growing our overall book of business, and initiating and cultivating lasting relationships with our customers. The ideal candidate for this role has extensive experience in high-volume phone sales, basic knowledge of the freight brokerage industry, and be comfortable with cold-calling and researching leads. We're looking for candidates with a hungry, hunter mentality who can manage their time well with minimal oversight.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop new business, generate leads, and use research and strategic outreach to source potential clients.
- Using cold-calling, email, social media, and planned sales calls to bring in new customers and revive lapsed accounts.
- Create and use daily reports for outreach and follow-up, for personal and team use.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with teammates to find creative sourcing and selling solutions.
- Monitor growing accounts to proactively head-off potential issues for your customers.
- Continuously pursue your own professional development and contribute to that of your team.
- 2+ years inside sales experience, freight brokerage a plus.
- Proven background hitting KPI goals, initiating and maintaining client relationships, and generating revenue.
- Results-driven, positive attitude. Ability to build trust and confidence with customers and staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, CRM tools, meeting KPI expectations, and reporting.
- Ability to learn proprietary software quickly.
What Trek Offers:
- Competitive Annual Base Salary + Additional Monthly 2-Tiered Incentive Pay
- Blue Cross Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Voluntary Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Non-Profit Donation Matching
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Hands-On, Classroom Style Training
- Casual Dress Code
- $20 Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Company-Sponsored Events and Activities
Trek Freight’s continued success can be attributed to our 5 Core Values:
- Teamwork – We provide our customers and carriers with holistic support by practicing cross-department collaboration.
- Urgency - We're proactive and always act with urgency.
- Positivity – Happy employees = happy clients.
- Ownership – We commit fully to the customer’s experience and see it through to the end.
- Communication – We provide frequent updates and honest answers to every client.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
All desk are socially distanced, masks are required for unvaccinated employees when not at their desks, sanitation stations and frequent cleaning throughout the office.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- One location