The Starfire teaching method is to create opportunities for students to learn through discovery by solving problems. Starfire after-school enrichment programs are highly interactive and team-based and focused on learning by doing. Starfire students learn 21st century thinking with professional coaching from fun & passionate mathematicians, scientists, engineers, programmers, design thinkers, and artists.
Share your passion for STEAM education and enrich young learner’s lives.
Starfire Education offers after-school enrichment programs in math, coding, engineering, design thinking, chess and art at top-ranked K-8 schools in the S.F. Bay Area. We are in search of enthusiastic and experienced teachers who can spark students’ interest in STEAM subjects. Starfire teachers facilitate interactive, hands-on, project-based learning through problem-solving for groups of 6-8 students. An excellent part-time opportunity for retired teachers, graduate students, and industry professionals in STEM fields.
We know your time as a STEAM educator is valuable. As an employee benefit, we offer an allowance to teachers who commute across a bridge, or more than 60 minutes round trip to a school. Teachers who attend weekly virtual meetings receive a stipend.
***ONLY ACCEPTING CANDIDATES LOCAL TO THE BAY AREA***
- 1+ years of experience teaching
- Love teaching kids ages 5-14
- Patient, approachable, and friendly
- Effectively manage multi-age groups of 6-8 students
- Engage multi-level students in critical thinking and problem-based learning
- Ability to engage students in fun classroom activities
- Excellent communication skills (Fluent English)
- Effective communication with parents and teachers
- Lead/Facilitate classes of 6-8 students
- Prepare for classes (flexible, responsive curriculum provided)
- Transport classroom materials to and from class
- Ensure that students are learning in an inclusive, constructive environment
- Communicate weekly with parents about what students are learning
- Submit progress reports (middle and end of each semester)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $45.00 - $55.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
All teachers and students must comply with the safety rules at each school site. Proof of COVID Vaccine and masking is required.
- Schools in the Bay Area are requiring enrichment teachers to mask and show proof of vaccination. Are you willing to mask and show proof of vaccination?
- Do you have experience creating lesson plans or selecting curriculum from pre-approved material?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Multiple locations