Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Sell company products and services to customers by processing orders, price and delivery inquiries, providing technical and application information, soliciting customer orders and suggesting additional products in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
Maintains responsibility of orders from quotation to collection:
- Select and specify a variety of products utilizing a variety of FCX and vendor supplied tools/software.
- Responds to customer inquiries.
Processes customers’ orders and send order acknowledgements.
- Review customer purchase orders for special conditions/documentation
- Checks availability and verifies ship dates.
- Increases order size by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checking customer’s buying history.
- Processes and expedites orders, customer returns and returns to vendors in an accurate and timely manner. Locates product and creates purchase orders. Follows-up with vendors to ensure timely delivery.
- Negotiates pricing and delivery with vendors when necessary.
- Works closely with Outside Salesman in soliciting business, executing order transactions and maintaining superior customer service levels.
- Communicates effectively and participates positively as a member of the Branch/Division inside sales team (e.g. sharing work load when possible, picking incoming phone calls, etc.)
- Maximizes gross margin by ensuring that FCX gets paid for superior service, problem solving, and technical expertise.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer’s promised delivery date.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Customer Service related Industry preferred, experience in an Inside Technical Sales/Customer Service/Application Engineer role with an Industrial Distributor a plus.
As the world’s largest fluid power distributor, the Applied Fluid Power® network of companies provide dedicated fluid power support and custom designed solutions that meet customer performance goals and keep industry running. Capabilities include system integration, manifold design, machining and assembly, electronic controls, fabrication, fluid filtration, programming, high speed hose assembly, engineering, repair services, and more. Additionally, Applied Fluid Power® has one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics to assist with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting, and other custom requirements.
Applied Fluid Power® is a part of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT), a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.