Relocate to Beautiful Des Moines, IA www.dsmpartnership.com
Relocation assistance available to qualified applicants.
Bell Brothers Heating and Air Conditioning, located in Des Moines, IA. We are trusted expert in providing complete indoor air quality and HVAC comfort solutions to homeowners and business in Des Moines and the surrounding areas since 1955. Services include heating and cooling design, installation and replacement, furnace & AC repair, maintenance programs and tune-ups, indoor air quality management and commercial plumbing. We are Central Iowa's trusted name for existing and new-construction residential and commercial HVAC design, installation, service, maintenance, and repair.
Check us out online: www.bellbrothers.com
We are currently looking for a HVAC Commercial Sales Engineer / Project Manager to join our team, providing commercial project design, estimating, sales, and project management for new HVAC construction and full-scale remodels. Potential annual earnings $100K +
Job Title: HVAC Commercial Estimator / Project Manager
Pay Scale: $75,000 - $85,000 salaried + commission. Potential annual earnings $100K +
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, overtime as required
- 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance + options for dependents
- Life Insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- 401K with company match
- Holiday pay
- 6 paid holidays
- 120 hours paid time off and 3 sick days
- Company vehicle / uniform / phone / computer
- Assist in employee issues including, but not limited to, motivation, discipline, training, staffing and other employee issues as they arise.
- Keep appointments with clients as scheduled.
- Create estimates & proposal using company bidding and sales strategy, always offer customers options and upgrades to enhance their comfort systems.
- On all commercial projects, run a heating and cooling load analysis to determine proper equipment sizing. Create an efficient layout and design of the comfort systems.
- Work with the Vice President on commercial project design and layout.
- Once a job is sold, work with commercial project coordinator to complete all project documents including the Bell Brothers job set-up, job file/binder, job submittals, O&M manuals, prepare monthly billings, obtain, and issue purchase orders for all equipment and materials, approve monthly vendors invoices for payment, and complete all incentive paperwork.
- Develop construction schedules with the GC and job foreman. Develop weekly progress expectations with the job foreman and ensure expectations are met.
- Follow the job during the construction process. Work with contractors on building and schedule changes. Inspect each job at least twice per week to ensure schedules are met
- Prepare all change orders and ensure all change orders are added to the job and invoiced as a change order.
- Work with other department heads to maintain proper headcount on all projects.
- Ensure monthly billings are done for all jobs in progress. Work with the Vice President and Controller to answer questions and assist in collections.
- Pass background check and drug screen
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- 5 years' experience in HVAC commercial project management, design, or/and estimating
- Experienced managing building crews and contractors
- AutoCAD experience desired
- Purchasing experience
- Mechanical HVAC Sales experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook & Adobe
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Obtain and maintain current CPR and first aid Certifications
- Adhere to Bell Brothers safety policy
- Attend all company and manufacturer education and training for new technology
- Degree in mechanical Engineering preferred