1. Position Description:
The Regional Sales Director role requires a highly motivated and an experienced enterprise sales leader, able to successfully recruit, coach and manage a regional sales team within the enterprise market (companies with >1B global revenues). The primary responsibility is to drive both product and services revenue and develop the pipeline and foundation for future growth within the region. The RSD plays an intricate role in meeting Minitab's US and Global growth objectives and revenue targets. This is a multi-faceted role that requires strong collaboration with regional marketing, alliances, customer success and engineering teams.
The successful candidate must have a "hands on" approach and be actively involved in the larger and more complex enterprise sales opportunities while leading from the front, not the back office. Additionally, this position requires an individual who is able to develop and enhance even stronger executive relationships with new and existing customers
This role is responsible for driving his/her sales team by providing a clear vision and focus, providing solid and aggressive market and customer specific penetration strategies, leveraging the Minitab defined Customer Engagement Lifecycle processes and building a continuous pipeline of qualified sales opportunities. This sales leader will motivate the sales team, resolve conflicts, remove barriers and provide positive recognition and feedback. In addition, he/she will also ensure that the various support functions (pre-sales, alliances, consulting, training, legal and finance) are correctly aligned to ensure that the team can be successful
The RSD is expected to know the company's solution portfolio (inclusive of product and service offerings) to the point of setting an example to the rest of the sales staff. His/her role encompasses understanding organizational business and strategic needs, developing strong customer relationships, understanding the processes, conveying information, delivering positive messages, gaining customer commitment, working with the team, and across all the functional departments within Minitab. Minitab's go to market and sales strategies are based on value, broadly in context of insight selling and the RSD is expected to lead and manage his/her team in accordance with the principle of value based selling at all times.
- Achieve the regional revenue target from software and services sales and build solid and continuous pipeline development to ensure future revenue growth.
- Create and maintain an overall strategy and execution plan to deliver the region's short term and long term goals via Minitab's OKR (Objectives & Key Results) methodology.
- Develop a productive relationship between the regional sales team and the US Marketing, Alliances and Business Development teams to leverage both direct prospect, and channel partners as applicable for generating pipeline and revenue within the region.
- Drive exceptional Customer satisfaction and value following the Customer Engagement Lifecycle and achieving high level of collaboration between departments in and outside of the region i.e. business development, finance, customer success and research and development.
- Develop productive and cooperative relationships between the Sales team and the Customer Success team to leverage effective and professional teamwork with the customers before and after the sale.
- Attract, recruit and hire performing sales professionals, developing efficient processes and procedures to achieve effective work and managing performance on a regular basis.
- Train and coach the team, and ensure the team successfully executes the company processes leveraging to the fullest extent the provided tools, including Dynamics CRM.
- Mentoring the sales team on the development of individual territories and accounts, the process and stages of negotiation, opportunity planning, pipeline management and forecasting.
- Ensure the sales team records all sales related activity to each account or prospect in the applicable company tools such as CRM
- Maintain an awareness of customer accounts and industries from which to leverage strengths as appropriate
- Maintain close liaison with other sales leaders and company executives as necessary
- Ability to optimize and manage cross functional pre and post sales resources in day to day operational practices (i.e. sales, professional services, marketing, technical support, F&A and other functions)
- Demonstrated successful track record in recruiting, hiring and retaining strong talented individuals that are both local and remote.
- Demonstrated team motivational skills, an inspirational team leader, as well as a team player.
- Excellent sales management and sales executive coaching skills focused on improving individual performance.
- Demonstrated ability to drive through-out the organization a sense of urgency, to complete important initiatives.
- An in-depth understanding of the need for account & opportunity planning and strategy setting and account management tools and processes.
- Ability to "Connect the Dots" (Aligning how the technology drives value at the business level)
- Executive Relationship Building across functional areas within customers/prospects
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Planning and Time Management
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Sense of Urgency
- Knowledge Driven
- Goal & Results Oriented
- Highly Competitive
- Political & Business Savvy
- Strong Work Ethic & Discipline
- Thinks Big
Experience: 10+ years proven solution selling expertise in software industry and 5+ years enterprise level software sales teams management; experience working in regional geographies with distributed sales team members within the region; proven over achiever in exceeding quotas and targets; experience and comfort in selling both cloud and on-premise solutions with recurring revenue models; ability to travel up to 50 - 75% within the region and domestically as required; experience in applications and/or analytics software preferred; extensive experience growing key direct end user enterprise business and relationships.