Reporting to the District Sales Manager, the Account Executive is focused primarily on the multi-family and shopping center verticals of commercial real estate. The Account Executive is responsible for developing and managing client relationships (owners, management company leaders, industry association contacts) through a consultative and targeted selling approach. Primary responsibilities include cold calling, prospecting, new account acquisition, site plan design, project management assistant, account management, upgrade/cross selling along with exceptional customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Aggressively prospect and maintain a proactive new business development discipline
- Employ traditional lead/opportunity generation activities including cold calling, internal/external referrals, direct digital outreach of promotional packages, industry event participation, etc.
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline/funnel
- Consistently meet/exceed designated Sales targets
- Develop innovative proposals and deliver strategic sales presentations
- Diligently maintain client information and sales activity in Salesforce
- Prioritize activities and territory management to ensure optimum penetration and profitability, including developing Strategic Account Action Plans
- Build, develop and leverage widespread network of useful industry contacts
- Attend and participate in industry events and associations to further expand on industry knowledge and relationships
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Be viewed as an industry expert in Security and Remote Monitoring solutions by internal and external stakeholders
- University education with a preference for Business Administration.
- Experience selling technical or industrial solutions into the commercial real estate space
- Clearly demonstrates depth in existing relationships with Ownership, Executive, Regional and Property level managers at top property management firms.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in an outbound sales role
- Proven measurable sales success- past award winner, industry reputation, top earner, etc.
- Proficiency in software skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce
- Professional sales training from a well-established sales organization
- Continued focus on professional sales skills development preferred
- Able to communicate with multiples layers of Organizations, including Senior Leadership.
- Through a constant presence, becomes aware of changes in a customer’s organization and alters sales plan accordingly.
- Team player with high level of influence and strong account management skills, able and willing to be assertive when necessary.
- Able to recognize the various stages of opportunities, recognized buying signals, can effectively trial close and is able to ask for the customers commitment.
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Superior English oral and written communication skills
- High level of energy and self-motivation
- Combination of office work and working in the field visiting prospects/clients
- Must be able to travel on occasion
- Occasional customer meetings and networking events in the evenings