Summary and Essential Duties
The Account Executive is responsible to maximize sales growth profitably. To accomplish this, (s)he is responsible for regularly representing products and services for Shamrock Foods Company on a commission base to restaurants, resorts, hotels, and other institutional establishments through face-to-face interactions.
- Prospect new customers and build a territory to grow the customer base
- Maintain current customer base and grow the share of the customer’s business
- Impact customer success through:
- Supporting customer menu engineering
- Supporting food cost analysis to ensure waste reduction and improve customer profitability
- Consuming and sharing market intelligence and industry trends
- Conducting product demonstration and comparisons by taking sample product to customer‘s restaurant or facility
- Facilitating demonstrations of capabilities we have to support the customer
- Share new product innovation through utilization of Shamrock resources
- Build multi-level relationships in the businesses you serve
- Keep accounts current; optimizing sales, service, and delivery and collecting past-due balances from customers
- Leverage technology for improved customer efficiency and to drive customer experience enhancements
- Participate in on-going training to continuously develop skills
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma and/or GED required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 2 plus years’ experience in culinary, restaurant operations, foodservice, or other related experience preferred
- Previous successful sales experience a plus
- Current driver license
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving
- Comfort using technology; and analyzing customer data
- Knowledgeable on industry trends
- Expertise in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
Compensation on a commission basis, based on achievement of performance goals.