DaySmart Software, Inc. is a Michigan-based company headquartered in Ann Arbor with offices in Raleigh, North Carolina and Scottsdale, AZ. DaySmart specializes in the design, development, and support of simple, but powerful, scheduling and resource management software solutions.
The Revenue and Billing Manager oversees the global billing process and revenue recognition and will also be responsible for integrating recent acquisitions to one central billing system, automating processes, and ensuring the overall completeness and accuracy of billings. The billing team as a group provides full support of the business to ensure administration of accurate and timely invoicing, while partnering with sales, customer success / operations, and product to provide a high level of customer service and positive experience related to billings.
- Lead a team Billing Specialists (currently 3)
- Review and verify the accuracy of contract administration, billing, and revenue recognition monthly
- Analyze Billing reports and records, ensure compliance with US GAAP ASC 606, internal controls, and corporate policies.
- Day-to-day supervision of Billing Specialists, monitor and provide guidance on billing process, problem/error resolution and assist with accurate billing of complex enterprise contracts
- Analyze and resolve complex billing, reporting and process issues
- Participate in the preparation of various financial statements and variance analyses
- Support the monthly close process and ensure that all assigned activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Serves as primary point of contact for both Sales and Operations teams regarding all billing issues
- Manage/coordinate strategic billing projects, both independently and in partnership with the other functions (Engineering, Data Team, Tax, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years Billing experience
- 2+ years SaaS company experience
- At least 2 years supervising clerical staff
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function effectively in a Remote environment
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, prioritize and stay organized in a fast paced and changing business environment
- Demonstrated capacity to respond to shifting and fluid priorities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to learn and navigate new systems and processes quickly
- Prior experience with third party billing systems (Zuora/NetSuite)
- Prior experience with tax engine integrations with billing system (Avalara)
DaySmart Software is pleased to offer a full range of benefits through our network of partners. We offer three medical plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) and also offer a High Deductible Health Plan w/HSA. DaySmart offers voluntary coverage like Accident, Cancer Care, Critical Illness and Hospital Confinement as a supplement to your medical coverage. Dental, vision and tele-health access are also available. You also have access to a health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). Your benefit package also includes Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance as well as Voluntary Life insurance. This includes short-term and long-term disability benefits.
DaySmart is committed to creating a diverse employee environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our software has been used by over 200,000 users globally—serving salon, spa, pet grooming, and tattoo industries. DaySmart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, which was named one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. 500|5000 eight years in a row and a Michigan 50 Company To Watch. For additional information, please visit http://www.daysmart.com.