RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT, DEDICATED TEAM, & GROWING COMPANY
Associate Solutions Engineer
The Solutions Engineer, “Pre-sales Consultant”, or “Sales Engineer”, is a technical role that is part of the sales team. It is an exciting opportunity for experienced professionals with both strong technical, collaboration and presentation skills willing to participate in a key role in sales activities and business development.
A solutions engineer is a product and market expert for one or several product lines of HelpSystems portfolio. You will work with leading companies worldwide providing guidance during the sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements and demonstrating product capabilities prior to designing a solution proposal that is the best for the customer. You will also participate in marketing activities such as webinars, tradeshows, and content generation.
As an Associate Solutions Engineer you are expected to participate in presales activities such as demos and PoCs on demand, while having a big focus on learning. You will be working with more experienced solutions engineers to gain experience and learn from them.
- Be a team with sales representatives and work together on any activities with prospective customers.
- Conduct “pain discovery” processes to understand the customer needs and articulate a solution that best addresses that need.
- Develop, present, and deliver high-impact demonstrations.
- Be the owner on customer’s evaluation process of the offered products and solutions, by executing trials and proof of concepts.
- Detect technical and functional objections from the prospective customer during the sales process, be creative finding solutions, and work together with the appropriate team for remediation.
- Build and defend proposals to customers, articulating the benefits of our company as the best solution that addresses that need to all levels, including “C” level executives.
- Estimate professional services effort and build a project plan, when needed, to guarantee a successful deployment on customer.
- Understand the competition and be, with your participation, a differentiator during the sales process.
- Know the company portfolio to generate and detect cross-selling opportunities.
- Work together in partners activities like visits, demos, proposals, events, and others.
- Help on partner recruiting process, participate in calls with potential partners.
- Participate in partner enablement activities like tech training and functional enablement.
- Deliver technical presentations and responds to technical questions during sales calls.
- Represent the Company at Trade Shows, User Group events, Conferences, and Virtual events.
- Provide presentations at events where applicable.
Product / Technical Marketing:
- Participate in online webinars on specific topics.
- Assist in the outbound launch of new products and releases activities.
- Serve as the market expert on products, from how customers use them, to how the competition positions against them, to how the field sells and services them.
As Associate Solutions Engineer you are expected to:
- Deliver presales activities, starting with demos.
- You are not expected to master all the activities, but to use any opportunity to improve and learn.
- Keep learning on both technology and sales processes.
- Be proactive, ask for help immediately when needed.
- Technically master the product(s) you work with.
- Degree in a technical field, ideally Computer Science or IT is preferred.
- Previous knowledge or experience in IT, technical presales, technical consultancy, development, or technical support activities.
- Excellent oral presentation skills, public relations skills, and the ability to educate and train in a technical environment.
- Technical background is needed on related technologies.
HelpSystems is passionate about making life easier for modern organizations and improving the lives of our customers. As a seven-time Star Tribune Top Workplace we are dedicated to making our employees happy by offering great benefits, fun company culture, and transparency from our leadership team. When working at HelpSystems you will have the opportunity for an upbeat office environment with A LOT of perks, such as professional development, equity program, employee recognition programs, and more!
Check out our website to learn more about HelpSystems and apply by visiting our Careers page. We encourage you to check out our Glassdoor page as well.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.