Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Clearance type Secret
Relocation eligible Yes
Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting
Job ID 184239BR
Most Recent Date Posted 07/23/2021
Country United States
Raytheon Missiles & Defense Digital Technology (RMD DT)
RMD DT Program Execution
Program Services – New England RMD sites (Marlborough MA Preferred)
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Our Digital Technology (DT) organization ensures that RMD teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support the RMD DT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex DT infrastructure problems.
This position on the Radar Sensor Product Line (RSPL) Team will be filled at either P2 or P3 salary grade level based on skills and knowledge ascertained by the hiring manager during interviews.
Note on Location:
This position may require travel to other locations both local and domestic as dictated by customer driven work requirements. Most of the team is based in Marlborough, MA, the preferred location, but will be open to applicants based in Tewksbury or Andover, MA. Again travel to other local New England and other US sites will be based on business needs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Potential for domestic or international travel
Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours
Note that you must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance (Interim) prior to the start date. Except in rare cases, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications You Must Have:
- 2 years minimum total professional experience as an IT/DT professional.
- 2 years’ working experience with Linux Server (RHEL preferred)
- 2 years’ working experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 - 2019 Server
- Experience in Active Directory and group policy management.
- Experience in working with data storage (NetApp preferred) and data backup technologies
- Good Documentation practices
- Experience operating and leading in an Agile Scrum environment
- Must be able to obtain a US DoD Secret Security Clearance,
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security clearances from the DoD.
Ability to obtain required Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 1 year of hire date
Qualifications We Value:
- 5 years minimum total professional experience as an IT/DT professional.
- 3-5 years’ working experience with Linux Server (RHEL preferred)
- 5 years’ working experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 - 2019 Server
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Working knowledge of other Unix-based operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Irix)
- Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Working knowledge of thin client technologies
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of system update management – WSUS, SCCM, Chef, Puppet
- Working knowledge of computer system monitoring – Nagios, Retina, etc.
- Working knowledge of compliance assessment tools – ACAS, Nessus
- Working knowledge of unified OS account management technologies – Centrify
- Working knowledge of Host-Based Security System (HBSS)
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
- Scripting / programming experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- CISSP Certification
- Active US DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of Technology experience may be substituted for each 1 year of college
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.