At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Oncology Precision Medicine Account Lead - New York City
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Precision Medicine Account Lead, are to:
- Lead a high-performance multidisciplinary account team to deliver an impactful customer experience in order to accelerate adoption, maximize access and drive revenue growth for VITRAKVI;
- Set performance objectives aligned to organizational and bran priorities, monitoring achievement of goals and ensure cross-functional alignment to achieve effective pull-through in targeted accounts;
- Champion collaboration and break down boundaries to mobilize the resources and solutions to deliver the vision, including proactively engaging Oncology Account Managers, Targeted Medicine sales team, Sales Leadership, Brand marketing, Access Strategy, Medical Affairs, GPO/Channel Directors, Payer Account Directors, Contract Strategy, Diagnostics, Field Reimbursement, Advocacy and Nurse Educators;
- Align and engage cross-functional team (incorporating medical, diagnostics and nurse education) around shared goals and a compelling vision for success;
- Lead the development of integrated strategic account plans to maximize joint value creation;
- Analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources to identify and prioritize account opportunities, applying relevant frameworks such as SWOT, C-Smart objectives, value solutions and specific pull-through strategies and tactics;
- Ensure coordination across colleagues, content and channels to provide a seamless and highly engaging customer experience that leverages the full spectrum of account management levers;
- Identify and prioritize key stakeholders across the patient journey, spanning specialisms, professions and roles and align tactics based on a keen understanding of their specific needs and concerns;
- Define, communicate and enhance joint value across multiple lenses (financial, clinical, patient, customer) and prioritize account projects and initiatives based on expected outcomes;
- Continuously review and update the account plan in partnership with the cross-functional team through regular discussion and team meetings and track progress to ensure delivery of key objectives;
- Connect with senior leaders and clinicians across accounts to build understanding and influence decision making;
- Engage decision makers (ex. C and D-suite, KOLs) to influence policies, decisions and perceptions of precision medicine, including appropriate product inclusion in provider formularies, pathways, EMR systems and treatment plans for targeted accounts;
- Represent the Voice of Customer to the broader team and field force regarding current perceptions of precision medicine and Vitrakvi;
- Provide insights and information about market trends and clinical and technological innovation;
- Leverage a range of strategies and tactics to maximize the level and quality of access;
- Deliver branded and unbranded access, value, economic, clinical, and quality messages and tools;
- Identify and develop clinical advocates, work with the field teams to leverage their influence and expertise in institutions;
- Partner with target healthcare systems to foster innovation in care through the adoption of precision medicine;
- Build strategic, long-term business partnership with selected accounts, focusing on value-based solutions to organizational needs;
- Educate and excite customers about the possibilities for precision medicine, including opportunities for involvement in research and the potential benefits for patients, customers and the business of oncology;
- Equip HCPs to identify patients for whom precision medicine would be beneficial;
- Collaborate with account clinical leadership to generate patient awareness and include.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least seven years of pharma and/or other healthcare related experience;
- Demonstrated strategic influencing, communication, cross-functional collaboration and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated track record of business background including account planning, business planning, problem solving, contracting and analytical skills;
- Possess executive presence and the ability to interact and negotiate with senior account leadership;
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer centric approaches, leverage multi-disciplinary capabilities and resources in order to realize objectives;
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent work streams across diverse functions;
- Demonstrate confidence, persuasiveness, ability to motivate others and ability to influence without formal authority;
- Proven ability to manage both projects and time;
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Advanced degree in Business or Science;
- At least three years of prior experience in customer-facing Oncology commercial role focused on provider institutions with deep understanding of customer channels and market dynamics across Oncology;
- Prior sales or account team management experience;
- Prior experience working with Pathway organizations or Health Systems;
- Experience in Market Access related position (e.g., Account Director, Contracting Director or Market Access Strategy Director).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.