Eaton’s North American Sales Division is currently seeking a Senior OEM Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The function of the Lead OEM Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s products to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. This position is expected to promote and achieve sales results by selling circuit breaker and control components typically found in the OEM space by understanding customers’ needs and applying Eaton’s products to create a winning solution. There will be an assigned geographic market and key customers that a seasoned salesperson will be expected to manage as well as a significant focus on new customer development. The assignment is primarily Machinery OEM but could include some E- OEM business. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
The primary functions include understanding OEM customer segments and influencers, ability to gain confidence of customers, and become a trusted source of information about Eaton’s offer. They will need to master Eaton’s support structure available to sales, including EatonCare; understanding Eaton proprietary systems and software including Bidmanager and VISTA.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- Quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing
- Prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- Build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- Work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
- Canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- Assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
- Obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of electrical industry sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Skilled in time management
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
- Experience using a CRM tool
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time