Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Market Channel Manager in Miami, FL.
The Market Channel Manager (MCM) is responsible for driving Boston Beer Company sales volume and market goals through their specific class of trade with the wholesaler’s sales force and to the market’s respective account base. The MCM is accountable for increasing the availability and visibility of the BBC portfolio in the market while working closely with the On or Off Premise National Account teams to drive National programs to the account level. The MCM will work closely with the local DM to develop market programming, wholesaler kickoff events/presentations, incentives, and MBOs for the wholesaler. The MCM will participate in the development of the monthly tactical plan with the wholesaler while managing resources to budget. The MCM must accomplish these goals while adhering to BBC’s selling process and skills.
What You'll Do:
Wholesaler Management & Planning: Must be able to timely and successfully organize and deliver:
- Planning and review meetings to the wholesaler including: volume, distribution and visibility, and programming goals/execution
- Objectives and tactics to achieve goals
- Point of sale management plans to support programming and ensure wholesaler is prepared with current point of sale
- Sales team kickoff meetings to include new items and future incentive programming
- Consistent weekly tracking updates on all specific incentives to Area Managers, Territory Managers, District Managers, and sales force
- Monthly reports to District Managers to identify and address what is generating positive or negative trends and implementing plans where appropriate
Market Management and Development: Must be able to maintain and grow current business while identifying and closing new business opportunities by:
- Identifying and calling on core accounts
- Hunting for new business by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
- Identifying and calling on fracking groups for on or off premise chains
- Developing tactics to close identified opportunities through wholesaler
- Building and maintaining professional business relationships with key accounts to include: ownership/management
- Implementing long term account planning with key accounts and buying groups
- Building and maintaining professional business relationships with applicable wholesaler personnel
Selling and Negotiating Skills: Must know and practice the BBC’s selling process and selling skills to include:
- Sales call procedures, process, and selling skills
- Establishing goals, creating a selling story, anticipating and handling objections
- Bracketing, concession management and negotiation tactics
- Portfolio selling
- Understanding and supporting wholesaler’s needs through solution-based selling
Merchandising: Supports brands in conjunction with the wholesaler through:
- Executing Point of Sale (POS) programs at retail to standard
- Maintaining proper brand positioning to standard
- Executing BBC’s freshness standards
Promotions: Creates and assists with executing impactful promotions at On or Off Premise accounts
Communication: Effectively communicates internally and externally through:
- Creating and delivering impactful wholesaler and BBC presentations
- Wholesaler(s) correspondence through commitments, benchmarking, and recapping
- Communication of inventory needs or voids to the local BBC District Manager
- Motivating/Team Building; Lead and have strong working relationships by:
- Establishing rapport with wholesaler’s middle management and field sales teams
- Planning work-with days with District Managers or Territory Managers to execute against current programming and opportunities in market, and reiterate BBC standards.
- Instilling commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance
- Host educational meetings for sales team and/or managers to ensure they understand BBC policies
Knowledge: Must be current and fluent in:
- Brand styles, brand priorities, national programs, and brand strategy
- Romancing all products to include style, ingredients and pairings
- Brewing process and beer history
- Beer industry trends and current market trends
- Wholesaler structure, portfolio, and personnel
- Market and competitors to include: distribution and volume trends, market share, wholesaler network, supplier network
- BBC sales data to include: sales trends, opportunity gaps, customers, competitive activities, and BBC/wholesaler activities that affect the market
- IRI, PowerBI, and other data sources to evaluate BBC business and make recommendations to retailers, BBC team, and wholesalers
- Knowledge of competitive brands and pricing
- Deliver and manage transactional activities/tasks by deadlines
- Budget Management: Must stay within all allocated budgets:
- Manage wholesaler’s(s) Local Marketing and Point of Sale budgets
- Manage personal Travel &Expense budget
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2+ years Consumer Package Sales
- Must be able to lift weight equivalent to one case of beer
- 40%-50% travel (8-10 days per month) to attend Retail and Distributor sales calls and meetings, as well as BBC National Account Manager work withs
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact [email protected] for assistance.