If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
BUILD ON YOUR SALES CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE.
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As a " CDM ", you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your sales career. In 2021, Ryder is busier than ever and continues to move the transportation industry forward. As an innovative outsourced solutions provider, we enable commerce to flow reliably, efficiently, and safely. How?
Top Technology Provider for Food & Beverage Supply Chain
Top Third Party Logistics (3PL) Provider to the Retail Industry
Largest Electric Truck Footprint in the US
The Customer Development Manager position is responsible for the management of assigned accounts in the Business Unit (BU); the education/development of customer interest in additional Ryder services (including: Full Service Lease, Programmed Maintenance, Lease Financing, Fleet Management Services and Dedicated Contract Carriage) by utilizing the Ryder Sales Process. Your ability to build and maintain relationships is critical to the success in this role.
The position requires ground travel and includes salary, a car allowance, company cell phone, and excellent monthly commission potential. Some travel may apply for training. We also offer a full benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on shares!
Book of Business- Houston
YOUR JOB SEARCH ENDS HERE.
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named a “ Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation ” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “ World’s Most Admired Companies ,” one of “ America’s Most Responsible Companies ” by Newsweek.
#FB #INDexempt #LI-post
- Develop complete understanding of customers business, goals and objectives.
- Develop sales penetration plan and segment account base by opportunity for growth and potential for risk.
- Act as the one point of contact between customer and Ryder departments.
- Ensure contracted services are delivered to customer.
- Understand and manage customer satisfaction perception.
- Conduct regularly scheduled customer reviews.
- Develop knowledge base of competitive alternatives.
- Contribute to an effective transition of accounts sold.
- Supply customer with information regarding operational performance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Willingness and ability to work with and mentor new sales employees
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, and highly organized
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related degree; or equivalent experience.
- At least five (5) years of sales and customer relationship management experience.
Job CategoryOutside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.