The Consultant is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience within multiple-businesses (retail, rental, custom, and omni-channel) within a store location. To be successful in this role the Consultant needs to support and positively impact a culture of customer-obsession, by being customer-ready and delivering a world-class experience each and every day. The Consultant is expected to engage as a member of a high-performing team through trust, commitment, and a focus on results. The Consultant must navigate through change in order to adapt to new programs in a timely manner and to achieve the expected outcome. In addition the Consultant will contribute to a healthy culture by working well with and demonstrating respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
Sales and Service:
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner, including professional telephone courtesy.
- Assist all customers across all business types (rental, custom, retail, and omni-channel) in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Consistently demonstrate the benchmark selling techniques for retail sales, custom clothing sales, and special occasion rentals, as trained by management and as described in corporate training materials.
- Review, learn and apply all job-related training. Actively seek to improve skill set through all offered training opportunities.
- Learn, retain and communicate information regarding features and benefits of all existing and new product.
- Continuously encourage and participate in team selling.
- Build a relationship with your customer from greeting through post-sale contact.
- Participate in monitoring and positively impact the achievement of the store sales volume and metrics goals. Meet and maintain your own personal volume goal while maintaining an above average quality of sale.
- Improve your overall level of salesmanship by observing and critiquing the sales performance of your co-workers. This includes being open to constructive criticism by your teammates of your own personal salesmanship. Seek and respond to constructive feedback from your management team.
- Follow through on all promises made, problems discovered, rental and custom uncommitted orders and pick-ups, and/or special order requests for customers on a timely basis.
- When possible use tailors for all alteration fittings. When tailors are not available, be able to accurately fit the customer and provide recommendations for alterations.
- Follow the customer rotation as prescribed by management and good customer service.
- Get your manager on duty involved in all returns, exchanges and return for alterations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing basic alterations (plain bottoms and cuffs) and pressing customer garments.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency of all store operations systems, including but not limited to Oracle, POS, WFM and Loop communications, along with all operations processes and procedures.
- Accurately operate and capture customer information, including e-mail addresses, in the point-of-sale register system (“Java”) and the special occasion rental system (“Oracle”).
- Comply with all procedures for collecting cash and negotiable documents (checks and credit cards), trial balances, stock counts, opening and closing preparations, and follow through with all paperwork generated from the register.
- Assist in conducting regular merchandise counts and stock counts as requested by your store management team. Report discrepancies to the manager on duty.
- Follow all operational procedures for shipping and receiving merchandise.
- Assist in receiving shipments, putting away new merchandise, maintaining a clean, neat, sized and organized store based on our merchandising to sell standards.
- Assist with visually merchandising the store, including complying with brand standards with regard to all visual merchandising tasks.
- Help monitor the security of all Company property. Report or document damaged or missing product. Assist in conducting merchandise stock counts as requested by your store management team. Report any discrepancies to the manager on duty.
- Practice effective store awareness. Report any theft concerns to the manager on duty and/or to your Regional Manager.
- Respond timely and appropriately to all requests and directives from the corporate office and your Regional Manager and Zone VP. Complete any other tasks assigned by the Store Manager, Regional Manager, or Zone VP.
- Maintain your own timecard as an accurate reflection of your time worked, including clocking in and out for appropriate meal periods.
Team Based Work Environment
- Adhere to all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or all Company practices and procedures.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with your coworkers, helping them improve their performance and seeking their assistance in improving your own.
- Seek and respond to constructive feedback from your management team and always bring concerns and requests to their attention.
- Effectively participate as a member of a store team where employees are held accountable for not only individual performance, but also for interacting with the greater store team in manner that supports the achievement of established team goals.
- Take an active role in weekly staff meetings at your store. Attend all store meetings, training sessions and store physical inventory.
- Help recruit and retain high caliber personnel that meet our all-inclusive store team environments.
- Bring concerns and requests to the attention of store management and/or your Regional Manager.
- Report any incidents, accidents, or safety hazards to the manager on duty and/or your Regional Manager.
- Maintain a workplace free of harassment and discrimination by strictly adhering to the Company’s Anti Discrimination and Harassment policies and promptly reporting to your Regional Manager, Zone Vice President and the Human Resources Department any concerns that may arise under those policies.
- Portray a professional, well-groomed appearance and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Practice and adhere to good store and individual health and safety etiquette for ourselves, our teams and customers.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retain Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
- Solve employee and customer problems containing numerous variables and be able to relay sensitive or complex information and obtain consensus from diverse groups.
- Communicate clearly and professionally all written and verbal instructions with coworkers and customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and competitive team sales environment.
- Read, count and write to accurately complete documentation and inventory. Carry out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division or be able to perform these with a calculator.
- Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations. Climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies located above shoulder level.
- Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- See and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
- Full time Consultants must be able to work at least 40 hours per week when needed, which may include working any of the hours the store is in operation, at least two closing shifts per week, Saturdays, and six days per week during peak periods. Part time Consultants must be able to work at least 24 hours per week when needed, which may include any of the days and hours the store is in operation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Locations: 00065 Pointe Claire 6361 Rte. Trans Canadienne 107 Pointe Clair H9R5A5