**LOCATION: Seeking candidates in Central & Western United States**
Job Description: TAM Manager
As a TAM Manager, in part of our Customer Success Organization (CS), you will build, manage, and maintain all TAM (Technical Account Manager) activity for our top U.S. based Global Accounts headquartered in the Central and West Regions. In addition to hiring and managing the team, you will help ensure customer satisfaction and high-quality deployment of our engagements. You will ensure revenue and key operational metrics are met. Additionally, you will become the escalation point into all of VMware for TAM’s. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of TAM’s
- Maintain a basic understanding of all VMware product lines and solutions
- Provide leadership to TAM’s, consultants and trainers on technical, delivery, and operational issues
- Ensure productivity of TAM’s and balances out near-term revenue delivery requirements versus long-term practice development goals
- Lead team in design and development of innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering and consulting architects
- Help to design and document best practices in overall TAM function through VMware
- Represent the TAM program as needed during pre-sales opportunities
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization
- At least 5+ years of technical team management
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Experience in a start-up environment and experience building teams
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet (ISP/ASP/CSP) hosting operations
- Strong technical background, with experience with VMware Technologies.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Our people transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities. Where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are crafting the future of business in a digital world.
At VMware, we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
This position has a minimum OTE which starts at $188,000. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Services Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.