Technical Sales Representative – Edmonton (flexible location, but close to major city center)
About our team
Impact Technical Products (ITP) has been in business since 2003. We are strong, nimble and growing! ITP is proud to be the leading boutique manufacturer’s representative in Canada for selected companies that deliver communications infrastructure for mission critical and harsh environments. Our companies’ products are critical for essential infrastructure services across Canada.
We offer an incredible work environment to develop your ability to engage with end users, engineers, consultants, designers and contractors as you identify new opportunities and help find the path to solving complex problems. If you are a self-motivated problem-solver with a technical mindset, an outgoing personality and looking for a unique opportunity to grow as an individual, we offer the chance to earn well, learn tons, have fun and make an Impact!
What ITP has to offer:
- Full benefits package after passing probation with a competitive starting wage
- Multifaceted training program
- Safe, healthy and fun working environment
- High team collaboration and permanent full-time employment with profit sharing
About the role:
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for building positive relationships with end users and technical consultants & designers. You will work closely with the whole ITP team to identify and develop new opportunities, provide excellent sales support, and prevent potential issues.
This role assumes that you will be based in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton or a nearby location. You will need to drive to meet clients, therefore must have a drivers license.
Depending on your experience, you may be asked to spend some time working at ITP head office in Mississauga Ontario during your probationary period.
You will be:
- Customer oriented – Providing outstanding service is key for this role as it will require maintaining and building customer relations throughout the sales cycle.
- Multi-tasker – You will have to juggle multiple concurrent client requests and be able to follow up with all of them in a timely manner.
- Collaborative communicator – good communication is essential in this role, both verbally and written.
- Highly organized – Developing new opportunities and responding to a steady volume of requests will require you to adjust and accommodate tasks as they come up.
- Comfortable with technology – Your daily routine will include on-line tools and social media for research and marketing, as well web presentations, conference calls and email.
Your hours may be variable, and you may find yourself working longer hours on some days.
- Flexible and mobile – You will need to be able to work effectively from a home or an office
environment. Travel to client sites in Alberta will be required when possible. You must have a driver’s license and a vehicle.
You will have relevant education and experience:
- Post-secondary technical or business education, or demonstrated technical sales experience
- Familiar with communications technology, networking concepts, fiber optics, computers/servers
- Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in MS Office & the ability to learn new software programs
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to coordinate and multitask many projects and activities
Hours of Work: Core hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm plus additional hours in the mornings, afternoons and weekend as needed, expect 40+ hours per week
How to Apply: If you believe your skill set matches the Technical Sales Representative posting and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic individual we would like to hear from you. Impact Technical Products provides a challenging work environment with incredible growth opportunities. Please send your resume and a cover letter for consideration.
We thank all interested applicants. However, we are only able to work with those who live in Canada and have a permanent working status. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19