Bright Pattern is a global provider of cloud-based contact center software that helps businesses to organize work, automate frequent responses, and stay in context of the customer inquiries from contact to contact, irrespective of the contact channel. Our software is handling millions of our customers’ conversations every month, so the individual impact of each of our employees’ contributions is huge.
We are looking for a candidate that can be a core contributing member of our team as we move towards a more agile and platform agnostic architecture that is based on public and private cloud technologies, automation frameworks, and data-driven configuration management where we treat infrastructure as code.
You will have an opportunity to define Bright Pattern next generation datacenter and cloud design, operational procedures, configuration management, automation, and other technologies. As a member of our Operations team, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our secure Software as a Service (SaaS) infrastructure, platform, application and network environments, This position will work closely with our Engineering and Customer Success teams to maintain and improve network performance and increase scalability, functionality, and security.
This is a key position within our company and will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Our headquarters are located in South San Francisco and Pleasanton, CA
- Scale, and maintain the Bright Pattern SaaS network infrastructure in our data centers and Public clouds.
- Maintain, manage, support and troubleshoot network in our physical data centers and AWS
- Utilize instrumentation & metrics, and applications to automate and improve operational processes and availability, scaling, and security of the production and development environments
- Engage with industry and vendor partners to drive our requirements and product needs
- Participate in capacity planning, demand forecasting, network performance analysis and tuning.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product and components that work together to deliver the solution for the business.
- Participate in certification for security and compliance standards like PCI, ISO 20071, SOC-2, HIPAA, etc from network perspective
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Participate in application deployments and troubleshooting
- Adept in network architecture for public and private cloud, security and capacity planning
- Strong experience in designing and implementing network solutions to address capacity, redundancy, performance and management issues
- Hands on experience in solving issues with routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP, VPN, Remote Access, IPv6), switching (STP, LAG), application delivery (layer 4-7 load balancing) and security (policy management, IDS/IPS)
- Strong experience in configuration and customizing paid and open source applications, e.g., Nagios, MRTG, Cacti, Smokeping, BigBrother, Netflow, syslog, Solarwinds, Splunk
- Hand on experience in developing in house applications to solve network automation and monitoring challenges using PERL, PHP, unix shell scripting and MySQL
- Experience with unix systems and the administration necessary to maintain network monitoring applications
- Adept knowledge of unix tools and shell scripting
- Significant experience with physical datacenter attributes such as HVAC, power, cable plant and structural hardware.
- Experience designing and implementing several different footprint designs based on capacity and/or flexibility
- Experience creating and maintaining various documents required for management and audits, e.g., physical elevations, network topology, cable plant design, IP address management, configuration management, configuration database, change control, Sarbox and PCI controls.
- Strong knowledge of using tools like Visio for network diagrams (e.g., floorplans, elevation, layer 1, layer 2, layer 3, communication models)
- Experience in evaluating vendors, purchasing hardware/software and negotiating pricing and terms
- SIP and general telephony experience
- Extensive UDP based services experience
- Database administration experience with MySQL and MongoDB support (replication, grants, operational procedures)
- Knowledgeable in security fundamentals, including encryption, OpenSSL, SSL Certificates, SELinux, system hardening, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to collaborate across teams and skill levels
- Experience developing, tracking and leveraging performance metrics for continual improvement
- Strong attention to detail and excellent documentation skills
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company who is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you’ll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders.
Interested? Sign up!