ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
Roland Foods is excited and committed to growing our Foodservice sales team, and we are seeking an experienced and motived sales professional to contribute to the overall growth of a defined regional portfolio with a focus on existing Foodservice Distributor, Chain and National Account customers.
The Regional Sales Specialist (RSS) is a quota carrying sales position that will interact with customer leadership teams, buyers, category managers and other decision makers to drive regional growth with a focus on generating incremental new business. This is a performance-driven role with revenue accountability for target accounts. The ideal candidate demonstrates fundamentally strong culinary and operations knowledge, with foodservice sales and/or purchasing experience, a results-driven mindset, and a desire to win. Expectations include driving incremental sales in the existing customer base, new customer acquisition, defending existing business, and satisfying customer activities and organizational commitments as needed to create strong partnerships. Additionally, the RSS should be able to effectively manage and initiate cross-functional collaboration with regional sales teams, Supply Chain, Revenue Management, Strategic Sourcing and Marketing departments.
The Roland Foods sales team is dedicated to working across multiple business segments; distributors, local, regional and nationally positioned end users, and industrial customers to maintain current business while driving growth through collaboration focused on solutions, ideas and products. You will work with a dynamic team dedicated to providing the highest quality of products while developing meaningful and strategic partnerships with our valued customers.
Remote position based in South Florida with easy access to the South Florida business districts.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Manage direct account business
- Direct account management with a focus on foodservice distributors and end-users
- Coordination with local and regional distributors to effectively service operators, maintaining high service levels
- Facilitate quarterly / mid-year / annual business review processes with current customers ensuring consistent contact and follow-up on new business opportunities
Develop strategic partnerships with end-user accounts
Maintain pricing agreement and renewals with national and chain account customers
- Drive business development activities of products with end-users through educations, building relationships and traditional selling efforts
- Support existing business and pursue new placement opportunities with the goal of creating incremental growth through direct and indirect selling activities
Drive unit volume growth and execute regional & organizational initiatives
- Support and promote the Roland Foods’ brand through product demonstrations, trainings, targeted sampling, and end-user engagement
- Document any and all activity around the customer for ongoing reference, performance management and future internal growth
- Run and facilitate activities in region to promote the Roland Foods’ brand, including targeted promotional campaigns, distributor sales meetings and trainings
- Participate in various national & regional trade shows where appropriate
- Execute recipe development and menu ideation
- Introduce new products, enter sample requests and follow up
Key performance metrics
- Execution of regional business plans to exceed net sales targets
- Individual quota attainment for new opportunity wins
- Individual quota attainment for strategic activity goals and benchmarks
- Quantifiable achievement of self-defined personal goals
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Culinary Arts Degree or minimum 10 years industry experience required
- 5+ years of experience in the food industry; in particular, hospitality and foodservice
- 2+ years of prior account management/ sales / purchasing experience preferred
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with experience using a CRM program, preferably Salesforce required
- Strong communication and presentation skills in front of groups of all sizes required
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong technical writing skills required
- Ability to travel up to 50% required
- Previous exposure/integration in the Industrial/Manufacturing segments a bonus
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]