Program Director needed in Brooklyn
Full time-Shelter setting
- Main professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Work with all staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure that all direct and subordinate staff complies with funders' polices and rules.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance measures to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Direct, coordinate, supervise and document programmatic activities facilitated by direct reporting staff.
- Observe staff engaging with clients and/or supervisors and their direct reports.
- Conduct client and program progress reviews with staff.
- Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of, contract reports and statistical information for management and funder use.
- Analyze program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Ensure that the site meets all regulatory compliance (i.e.-health, Client, OTDA, Callahan, RSRI, safety, and fire department).
- Ensure that all housing goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Direct and coordinate the hiring and firing of shelter staff (in consultation and agreement with Human Resources).
- Liaison with community leaders and groups to build connections, gain support and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
- Initiate and proactively create solutions to address gaps in shelter services or staff performance (i.e., basic computer training use of technology).
- Address and implement resolutions to client/staff complaints in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Interact and troubleshoot issues with subcontractors and vendors (i.e.-food, medical, laundry, technology, etc.)
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Supervise, review and approve staff and subordinates' training, vacation and leave.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting program staff.
- Participate in staff/funder/community and all outside agency meetings as requested.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Vice President any: monitoring visits or funders' events; significant events; any incident that might subject to liability.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of applicable and/or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred. A license is required of these Master's Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy.
- Ability to be on-call 24/7
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Ginny Di Palo
Account Manager, Bond Health Staffing
5824 12th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY, 11219
Office: 1-718-302-0040 ext. 201
Brooklyn, NY, USA