BSA Guidewire - Policy Center
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide estimation of delivery work necessary to realize requirements through development lifecycle
- Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate functional and non-functional business, system and implementation requirements
- Write concise User Stories which include precise acceptance Criteria, accurate Specifications by Example and testable Functional Scenarios
- Facilitate meetings / working sessions with stakeholders to document, review and approve requirements
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams
- Validate the correctness of delivered requirements in advance of the active business owner reviewing completed work
- Assist the testing team in defining testing scenarios (including data, acceptance criteria, rules, etc.) for each requirement that is going to be delivered during an iteration
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Delivery Team to define and deliver the project vision
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master/Project Manager and the team to develop and maintain the project Kanban/Product backlog, and develop the Iteration/Sprint Plan and Release plan
- Facilitate meetings (e.g., Stand-ups, Retrospectives, Acceptance Review, etc.), as required
- Supports the identification and resolution of Risks / Issues / Blockers in collaboration with the project team
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Technical Lead, and Test Analyst on maintenance projects to identify sets of cohesive problems (improvement themes) for development
- Support multiple concurrent projects
- Collaborate with Scrum team on work prioritization
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
What do you bring to the role?
- Self-starter who can set own priorities and can work independently with little guidance
- A willing and open attitude to learn and grow
- Flexible in your work approach to meet the needs of a diverse and changing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- Analytical skills to visualize, articulate, and solve problems and concepts
- Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Business Analyst
- Experience in P&C insurance
- Strong experience with policy administration systems. Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter is strongly preferred.
- Strong Interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills – confidence and ability to work with internal team and external vendor partners seamlessly
- Agile background – stories, elaboration, requirement methods
- Experience with the following systems is considered an asset: Guidewire ClaimCenter, Guidewire BillingCenter
- Business analysis, Lean Six Sigma, Agile certifications are considered an asset: CCBA, IIBA-ACC, Lean SIx Sigma Yellow Belt or higher, CSM, CSPO
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio
- Skills in data analysis with MS Excel or other analysis tools
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.